Friday, August 22, 2008

A Suit that Flatters

By now you've all read about Gina's daughter Rina's success in swimming this season! So I had had to make her a celebratory "swimsuit" card :)

The "suit" is pieced from Sultry Basic Grey DP. The circles punched from that same piece and solid brown and pink papers from the same pack echo the pattern on the suit and create a fun, "bubbly" border. In the pic below you get an idea of how I changed up my tee with a few pen lines to "suit" me (hee!)
Notice how this suit on white looks a little sportier/youthful that the pieced one on the card, which looks a little more "womanly". Same stamp but, it's because of the way I drew the neckline! For a young girl like Rina who's on a swim team, this second one would have been better IMHO, a higher neck (angled at the arms) makes the suit look narrower and gives it a racing look, whereas" scooping" out my neck lower (accidentally!) on the DP one I think it made the whole suit and chest look wider, (interesting no???) (But I wasn't redoing it at the point, not wasting good DP!!) Just something to consider when your creating your own swimsuit (or shopping for one!! LOL!)



Ribbon is SU! Chocolate Chip Satin, tied above the hanger (it and "go girl" are also from "Little Tees")



SO what would YOUR swimsuit look like? Mine are starting to need the "skirt", no cropping of tee at the bottom necessary LOL!!!)



Have a tee-rific day!! Hugs!

11 comments:

  1. you crack me up. great looking card

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative and the perfect congratulatory card for Rina! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute, I bet she will adore it! *btw I don't ever wear bathing suits anymore*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love this! Its so cute and hip with the colors and circles. She'll love it! How nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card for Gina's girl! There is no end in sight for what you can do with these tees. I'm waiting to see a "roaring 20's" flapper dress out of it! lol It would have been just my Mom's style!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO totally cute! Great ideas, how about a bikini or tankini... hmmm they might look like undergarments though...hmmm interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man...mine have needed the skirt for a lonnngggg time now! ;) hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh! That is the all-time cutest thing! I wish I looked like that in a suit! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and wonderful for Rina!!! And, ummmmmmmm......I don't think there's enough CARDstock to make my swimsuit size!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)