Saturday, August 9, 2008

T-Shorts!

This card was inspired by self-proclaimed "prepster" friend Joanne (I'm not telling her to relax, I just really like this sentiment with the 'flops!) Although I didn't give the tee a polo collar, I made her a little outfit with some skimmer shorts (stamp tee on DP, draw a line up the middle for legs, add some horizontal lines in the middle for cuffs, cut out and turn upside down (to make hips that will line up with shirt bottom and tapered leg)



The pieced flip flops on the shirt and sentiments are from Gina K's "You are My Sunshine". I added some little jewel stickers from Stampendous to the flip flops, to make little buttons on the shorts cuffs, and to accentuate the swirls on the paper.



This card uses FOUR different papers (two solids, two patterns) from just one Basic Gray Pack "Two Scoops" , can you believe!! (Green textured CS is DCVW.) I made a little faux bow using a left over plaid strip I had after making the shorts and flops, (make one loop, and then loop a smaller one around that and attach. To make the large background mat I die cut two Scalloped Rectangles, and then overlapped the bottom one with the other. TIP: I forgot to add the pic, but with the DP being a lighter weight than CS, you can cut through 2 different prints at the same time when you run the paper and die through your machine, I like that time saver! Last I added a couple big white brads in the scallops at the top.

Have a fabulous day! Relax... :)

17 comments:

  1. this is great!!! I bet Joanne will love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love those shorts, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool summery card! love the flip-flops and the plaid shorts!♥ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit! Great idea with making shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo I LOVE this! What cute shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing what you can do with that Little Tees set! This is adorable.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolutely adorable Preppie outfit!!! Hey.......I went to High School in the 80's!! LOL And my favorite Basic Grey dp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just adorable!! Love how you made the shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card! Each idea is better (and I can't imagine how) than the last! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea Melanie! The shorts look perfect! I'm going to ink up my Tee stamps today!!! I have a couple ideas that I don't think have been used yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable!! Love those little shorts!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is awesome! Love those shorts. -Molly B

    ReplyDelete
  13. How CUTE is that! You're the cutest! You know I'd totally wear those shorts, being the little preppy girl I am. The louder the better!

    Sorry it took me so long to find this post, being on "e-cation" and all last week!

    ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great color combination and thanks for sharing how you created the shorts. This is a great card and a great set. Very versatile.
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your piecing and what a great idea for the shorts!! Awesome, girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)