Thursday, November 6, 2008

Guest Designer: An Iris for You

Well, I love out of the box, and I LOVE irises, so I just about jumped out of my seat when I saw Theresa Momber's projects this week, she figured out a way to make these elegant irises from "A Year of Flowers"!! She did two different color schemed projects and I just loved 'em both so much I had to share ALL the pics. (She chose my favorite iris color, too coincidentally)
Theresa writes:
"Tall Dutch Iris are one of my favorite flowers (she used to work at a florist) and I was so excited when I noticed that your poinsettia had one hidden in it. I stamped the poinsettia and then colored the inside petals with Koh-i-noor pencils, blending with OMS.

I sponged in the oval on the first card with So Saffron, Apricot Appeal and Pretty in Pink. The oval is backed with Basic Black and rests on a panel of Apricot Appeal that was sponged with Apricot Appeal. The card base is Groovy Guava. I added a sentiment from "Say it With Flowers" to the bookmark/tag.

For the second card, I sponged the background with Certainly Celery. That one uses Basic Black, So Saffron and Almost Amethyst. "

As she did with that beautiful sunflower project last week, you can see just a hint of Asela's "Botanical Dream" greenery stamp in the background. Really does look like an iris, doesn't it??


I can't wait to see what Theresa made for her 5th and final week as my Guest Designer! What an absolute delight she and her creations are, I am just so honored to have her using my stamps. Let's go see!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! These are amazing! I can't believe she made an iris flower out of a poinsetta! And I love the depth and richness of color she achieved with the sponging. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are absolutely gorgeous and so creative! The colouring is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know what Theresa & you eat for breakfast. Do you sprinkle Pure Genius on your cereal?! Amazingly gorgeously beautifully inspiring. I can just imagine this combined with your versamark watercolouring. That technique is SO hot! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)