Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mixology 101 Challenge

Until I get the PCP challenge done, I'll go ahead and share the challenge sample I made for our Release Party to give you a few tips on how I made the card and make sure you all know about the challenge (use 3 or more different sets on ONE project) so you can participate! This card uses 5 sets from Gina K Designs, and three are from our new release! I've always loved pulling from different sets for my cards, and our Gina K sets give so many fun opportunities to do so!
"Classic" and "fabulous" are both from the new "Tee Talk". The cookie images and "holiday" are from the "Have a Cookie", Shirts are from "Little Tees" and the hoodie and "cheer" is from "Just So Sporty". The big honking "Merry Christmas" is from Gina K's new "Seasonal Sayings", I just LOVE big, loooong greetings like this, they are such a great design element. :)

I had some people comment on my "coloring" on this card, but there's really very little I colored here. (tree and the gingerbread with Copics, which I stamped on white CS, then cut out and glued on the shirts) The solid shirts are all done on colored cardstock and then just outlined with a light gray marker, everywhere but the top of the the shoulders and sleeves, to give it a little shadow! I LOVE how you get this vibrant solid color, not to mention it's fast and easy! I veered away from the outline a few tines near the wais under the sleeves and alogn the bottom to give it just a little wrinkle , it adds so much dimensions to the shirts! The little space in between the sweatshirt sleeves are colored with a white pencil, so I didn't have to cut them out (yes!!) :)

Stickles and self adhesive rhinestones and these little halfback metal dots are perfect for embellishing the tees.

I really had fun creating this holiday wear as an example of how most stamped images are a perfect fit to be featured on these shirt stamps and the cookies are not just for cookies, hee hee! Hope it inspired you to pull a bunch of your stamps this weekend and explore some new possibilities! I'll be back tomorrow to share a 3D sample my friend Donna made for ME and this challenge!

You have until Monday night to upload a project on SCS with the keyword GKDMMMIX, I will draw one winner randomly, that person will receive a Gina K Designs set of their choice! See this post for more details, and please give it a try!

7 comments:

  1. Love this card, so cute and fun (and cheery!)! :-) And thanks for the trick of the grey shadow, it definitely adds dimension to those shirts! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! I gotta try the challenge. I NEED to stamp today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and very original! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable little holiday Tees!!! And I love your gray marker wrinkles!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)