Sunday, November 30, 2008

One Cute Cookie!

I learned this fabulous kimono card design from Michelle, she's got a terrific video to show you how to make this super simple card (and how to add that adorable little face with the top-knot hairdo! (here I added a sateen flower and self-adhesive rhinestone I colored with Red Cadmium Copic) It was just right for my new fortune cookie image!

I used an Apricot Appeal base covered with a favorite DP print from the Basic Grey Ambrosia pack and added a strip of the Apricot and 1/4 " red grosgrain for the obi. Untie to reveal a little message from the "Have a Cookie" set, "You are one cute cookie!"
My fortune cookie (colored with Prismas) from "Have a Cookie!" is the perfect little embellishment to the corner when popped up on dimensionals, as you can see the little word "FOR YOU" fits on the fortune* peeping out. (Lots of other words in the set to customize your "fortune")

This was SUCH a fun card to make! :)



*I must say, I do not believe in fortune-telling, but the idea of a tiny message hidden in a sweet cookie is simply too magical to resist!

14 comments:

  1. It's adorable!!! I just love the many uses for all your stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! It really made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMgosh, Mel. That is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I totally wanna try this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable and so creative. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable - love the papers you used for her kimono!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is cool! I really think your cookie set is my favorite one yet!
    I have an award for you on my blog...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card! The design of the paper is perfect, too.

    I'm just worried about you... ya know, making a card that "flashes" you! SCARY! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is totally awesome, girl!! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet! I love your colour choice and that fortune cookie looks SO real! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)