Sunday, November 30, 2008

One Cute Cookie!

I learned this fabulous kimono card design from Michelle, she's got a terrific video to show you how to make this super simple card (and how to add that adorable little face with the top-knot hairdo! (here I added a sateen flower and self-adhesive rhinestone I colored with Red Cadmium Copic) It was just right for my new fortune cookie image!

I used an Apricot Appeal base covered with a favorite DP print from the Basic Grey Ambrosia pack and added a strip of the Apricot and 1/4 " red grosgrain for the obi. Untie to reveal a little message from the "Have a Cookie" set, "You are one cute cookie!"
My fortune cookie (colored with Prismas) from "Have a Cookie!" is the perfect little embellishment to the corner when popped up on dimensionals, as you can see the little word "FOR YOU" fits on the fortune* peeping out. (Lots of other words in the set to customize your "fortune")

This was SUCH a fun card to make! :)



*I must say, I do not believe in fortune-telling, but the idea of a tiny message hidden in a sweet cookie is simply too magical to resist!

14 comments:

Shannon said...

It's adorable!!! I just love the many uses for all your stamp sets.

LadyDoc said...

This is wonderful! It really made me smile!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so fabulous!!! Love it!!

Gina K. said...

OMgosh, Mel. That is so cute!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ohhh I totally wanna try this!!!!

Allison said...

This is so cute!

Anita said...

Cute card!

Amy Johnson said...

This is absolutely adorable and so creative. I love it!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

This is adorable - love the papers you used for her kimono!
hugs, Jami

Tanya said...

Wow! This is cool! I really think your cookie set is my favorite one yet!
I have an award for you on my blog...!

Stampmouse said...

totally adorable

Nancy said...

What a cute card! The design of the paper is perfect, too.

I'm just worried about you... ya know, making a card that "flashes" you! SCARY! LOL

Rose Ann said...

This is totally awesome, girl!! I LOVE it!!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

How sweet! I love your colour choice and that fortune cookie looks SO real! :O)