Friday, November 21, 2008

Tic Tac Dough!

Oh, these were so fun to make and look good enough to eat!! *I can't think of magnet set more appropriate for a proud baker's kitchen than these sweet treats! I stamped the cookies in Memento Rich Cocoa Ink, "sprinkled"(stamped) on some hearts from my set, and colored them with Copics. Then I stuck them to my adhesive magnet sheet and trimmed. I covered the icing part of each image with a layer of Crystal Lacquer, it really looks like shiny icing (click on the pic to see the glaze!)


I cut out a large square of magnetic paper and covered one side with brushed silver CS like a cookie sheet; the other side I covered with some DCWV Spring Stack paper, the large plaid design conveniently made a cute tic tac toe grid!

And here they are on the fridge, ready to hold some photos or grocery list(for cookie ingredients of course!)

There are several bakers on my Christmas list who will be getting some of these, they'd also make great stocking stuffers, on a magnetic sheet or tied up in a little cello bag like fresh baked cookies!!

EDITED TO ADD: the pic on the fridge is the moment my sons first met, Jonathan fell in love with his little brother on sight, the look on his face is like "Christmas"! (these days, it's often a different story LOL!!) I used this pic on William's birth annoucnement that I cropped, changed to black and white and then handtinted with some baby blue, maybe I'll share that here sometime...BUT, I didn't stamp on it!! (the horror!)

*Bear with me, I'm on a "magnet" roll, (my third set in a week!) but I've used almost all my magnetic paper LOL! so I'm coming to the end!!) (I can actually think of ONE more thing I want to do hee hee!)

22 comments:

  1. Too cute Melanie!!! Love the glossy finish to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love sugar cookies and these look good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie! These give me so many great ideas!I can't get a bunch of big gifts this year because we are moving soon, but with magnets like these I can use them as embellishments on a card, then the recipient can take them off and use them! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be your magnetic personality. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I know somewhere you can send those if you get tired of them. Oh wait! I can MAKE some!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! Now when can I expect to receive a set?, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this? I love them! What a cute gift for a child's birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous idea! I'll have to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable; what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so cute and so yummy at the same time!! I love the look with the lacquer, and how fun these are!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those are too cute! just like the boys in the pic *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melanie, These are adorable! Awesome idea. Anyone would love to get these as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melanie I thought these were real! I had to read to see that they were stamps! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute idea, Mel. I love the versatility of the gifts you keep coming up with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are too cute! The "cookies" look so yummy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So darling - that glaze looks so shiny!! I've been wanting to pick up some magnet roll too - I saw where you can actually use your nesties on it too!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh what a super cute and fun gift idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mel, you crack me up!!!!! These cookies look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are really cute. The glossy look is neat.
    And it would make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)