Thursday, November 27, 2008

Whole Lotta' Coffee

I couldn't choose which coffee cup I liked best, so decided to use them all! If you "squish" you can get all 5 on a grid line block and stamp once, I LOVE that!! And the multiple cup design worked perfectly with the sentiment: "Behind every successful woman is a whole lotta' coffee." (all in a day's work!!! Any guesses as to whom I might be sending this?)


I needed a longer card than normal with this long focal point, which is fine because I recently broke down and got the long rectangle Nestabilites sets that had been haunting me! (although the white was too large to die cut, that's why the little handle is hanging off (trimmed with a craft knife), but the scalloped mat is. If you don't have these, just make a large card using one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 folded in half that fits in a long envy. :)


Card base is Kraft, I love this color on coffee themed cards like the wrap around a "to go" cup. When I drink coffee, I add a lot of milk or cream, so mine doesn't usually have that standard Chocolate Chip color, so I used a Copic and some Textured DCWV Earth Element CS to match. I could have made the cups different colors, but I was diggin' the "all white" here.

Although I forgot to take a pic of this addition and was too lazy to photograph it again, it looks adorable to stamp some of the sprinkle bits or flour dust or crumbs on the the top of the latte foam from "Have A Cookie!" like cinnamon or cocoa*, I know I said it already but I am just SO excited to use these sets together (it was like getting an early Christmas present when I first saw Rupa's set, coming out the same month as mine!) :)

I don't drink coffee on a regular basis, but, I am willing to learn! I'm sure you've all been reading abut Gina's dad on her blog, please say a prayer for her family today or leave her some love on her blog! If you haven't yet watched the cardsforheroes video, please take time to do so, it is as my mom would say "a three hanky movie"! I just cried and cried, it was so moving! (in a good way!) God bless, happy Thanksgiving!


*I'll do this on another sample so you can see ;)

10 comments:

  1. OMG- this card is adorable!! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I myself am not a coffee drinker, but have many friends who would LOVE to receive this card...I think I need get me these stamps...as well as the cookie ones too. Thanks for sharing these projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I really love this card Melanie. I am a huge coffee drinker (well, at least one cup a day or I can't function). I love coffee, and I too put lots of creamer in it so it takes yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coffee and have a bunch of friends who would appreciate a coffee card like this. I like your idea. And I'm thankful that I have resources like you to learn and expand my little world of stamping. May you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving Day. MarilynY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh very cooool layout and love all the coffee cups.....I gotta ink this set up this weekend!!! And lots of prayers for sure for Gina and her family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this set is so adorable. I am drooling over it. along with your t-shirt set.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)