Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Video: Two Step Stamp a Mini Garden


Good morning! In today’s video, I show you how to quickly create a miniature garden with the tiny two step floral elements in my Triple Play Frame set.  This clean and simple design works for just about any occasion and makes such a sweet statement on a plain white card base.  Masking grounds the scene.  If you want to use the frame, you can stamp small vignettes of the same flowers into each of the round windows using a mask of the frame over the stamped frame. I make just a couple changes during the demonstration to the card you see here. For more greetings and coordinating elements, I also used Fabulous Holiday Fillers set.



Supplies:
Gina K. Designs Triple Play Frame, Fabulous Holiday Fillers stamp sets
Gina K. Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight White cardstock
Gina K. Grass Green, Red Hot, Wild Lilac, Sweet Mango, Blue Denim, Black Onyx ink pads
Scratch paper for masking, adhesive pearls or rhinestones 


Full disclosure: I stamped that butterfly inside when making my sample before the video to cover a smudge I got on the corner! But yes, it is always a good idea and looks better to use coordinating stamps on the inside of your card! (You've already got your pads and stamps out, so why not? :)
 

Finally, here is a modified garden design using the frame, which I show at the end of the video. Supplies are basically the same except I stamped the frame in Grass Green on Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock,  and stamp the "brads" in between the windows and at the corners and color the borders with alcohol or water-based markers. So you can stamp the frame in other colors than black or brown and still color it in! But keep in mind, they have to be lighter than the stamped border or else you will have to be *really* precise in your coloring, because any coloring on the border and the line will look a little wonky, know what I mean? Peace is stamped in Red Hot.

Hope you enjoyed this video and projects! As large as the frame is, those other stamps are really tiny but effective!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, I LOVE these cards! So sweet and simple but perky at the same time. Thank you, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely. Flowers are a great to send to anyone. I love the layouts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful technique with the masking. I love all of the white area.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video and card ideas. Haven't used the tiny elements yet. Thanks for the great ideas. This set is such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Have a Blessed Resurrection Day.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)