Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pretty in PINK!

Not that anybody needs an excuse, but let this image* from Cuddles and Hugs enable you to pull out your cardstock, DP, ink, ribbon, and bling in any shade of PINK, coral, rose, blush as often as your heart desires! (You do know pink goes with EVERYTHING, right? it's the new black...) ;)

I am really excited about all the greetings in this set, I tried to covered the whole playful, silly, serious, (song lyric!) spectrum! One greeting I added specifically for this image was "thanks for taking me under your wing". I don't have any sentiments like it in my ginormous stamp collection, but I think it says so much, and is perfect for so many people/occasions in our life. I'm so thankful for everyone who has taken me under their wing at one time or another, to shield me from troubles, as well as to mentor and nurture me.



This "sketch" was inspired by a leftover tuquoise oval I had cut for my shadowbox that was still on my desk, I ran it through my Cuttlebug using my D'vine Swirls Folder to make a little "pool" for them! I used the my corner rounder with the guide off to make the scalloped border in my Cameo Coral CS, to make waves with my turquoise strip underneath. I added just a few of the new Gina K adhesive rhinestones, there are so many fun colors in this pack! I chose the one of the green shades. The image was colored with Koh-i-noor pencils, OMS and blending stumps. The top layer of my flamingos are cut out and mounted on dimensionals over the stamped image. Some tall grass in the background from this same set and my puddle from Just So Hoppy finished up my scene.




If you want ideas for coloring your new birds the internet is a great resource for photos of different varieties of flamingos, they all have different markings/coloration on their beaks and legs, for example if you're wanting to keep it real for your "flamingo purist" friends! ;)


While we're on the subject, have to share a very famous local spot/nursery, popular for it's over-the-top flamingo display on a very high traffic corner...only in Austin!!


*No lashes on these(flamingos have super beedy eyes) but I really like how the one has its eyes closed (just enjoying the moment) and the other is just looking on happily, enjoying the moment, I still see a bit of twinkle in there(if it's possible in just a tiny dot!) don't you?

8 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card ROCKS! I am enjoying see all the examples with your new set. They are terrific. I live in IL and a group of my friends are going to Gina K's store in early August for a class. I can hardly wait! I hear we get to play with lots of her stuff! I'll be looking for you sets! Darlene L

    ReplyDelete
  3. How totally fabulous - I am ordering this set, it is totally a ME set....lol! Your coloring rocks and I just love those flamingos, they are some of my all time favorite birds! Thanks for such wonderful inspiration! Off to find out when/if I can have this set, teehee! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. You outdid yourself with this set, Melanie! Gawgious! I hope that mine is in the mail tomorrow! (OK, Gina! Tuesday is fine.)
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. FLAMINGOS!!!!!! I was soooooo happy to see them in the sneak peeks!!! And how cute and cozy and loving........okay, and PINK!!!!!! And perfectly set up for much bling!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)