Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sneak Peek: Have a Cookie with Those Tees...

I've been waiting to give you this first set "Have a Cookie" since MAY! It's one of my most playful and personal sets, I was inspired to draw the images one day while at the Children's Museum here in Austin with playing with my son up in the "Tinkerer's Workshop". My mother loves baking, and cookie making (and eating!) was a constant comfort and source of pleasure and showing love in our household growing up. You will have a blast with all the elements in this set that will allow to create the cookie cards and packaging of your dreams! :) This set has a whole lot of bakin' and decoratin' and cookies to give you your holiday fix, (and I suspect you will see a lot of samples using these themes today) but it's more than that, a cookie set like no other I've ever seen! I chose to share this fun sandwich cookie image (for those of you that like "store-bought!" LOL!) that can be used year-round, with a little masking thrown in!

Stamp your first cookie near the top of your paper, this will be the top of the stack. Cover with a mask of the cookie, re-ink and slide the stamp down about 1/2" from the first and stamp again. Uncover, repeat the process, occasionally moving just left or right of the one above until you have a nice, teetering tower of cookies!

Notice the little space in the cookie top? I've provided several different words to add to the top to customize your cards, you're gonna have SO much fun with this set, I'm just so excited!!! (Card deets: Background is Basic Grey Sugared, cookies are colored with Light Suntan, Burnt Umber and Sepia Copics.The stack and single cookie are cut out and popped up on dimensionals)

ONTO SET #2!!! If you have my "Little Tees", "Just So Sporty" sets from earlier this year or both, even if your stamps are by now well- loved and inked you probably still have yet to ink them ALL up with all the options you have, but I bet you're ready to expand those sets ANYWAY 'cause it's just so darn fun, am I right? Get ready for "Tee Talk": everything I couldn't squeeze into the first two sets plus a whole lot more(alogn with several "requests"!)! No images, just words, you'll find more sports and hobbies to play with, tons of relationship stamps to declare that someone is the "World's Greatest "Grandma" or "Friend", and other fun greetings!

I am so excited about this project I'm sharing today for the peek! Kind of a down-to-earth "fridge poetry set" for the new millennium if you will! ;) The tee and jersey are from my first two sets, the other phrases you see here are just 11 of the 45 you get in the new set! AND, it's only $15.95! A MUST HAVE if you have either "Little Tees" or "Just So Sporty"!

The words are borderless to give you the most flexibility with your layouts, but all the single words in this set will fit in the word window punch! To learn how to make them shorter to fit on your sweats and tees, follow this simple tutorial by Gina K herself! Here I went around each modified punched word with a black marker against the edge to make it pop against my colored shirts. The shirts and background paper are from the Basic Grey Cupcake Pad, and the white CS is Gina K's new Pure Luxury 80lb, stamped with Memento Ink Tuxedo Black. I adhered all my cut outs to magnetic paper and trimmed. Now I have a mix and match set that makes a really fun and playful addition to your desk or to throw on the fridge if you want to let everyone know where you'd really rather be that day! Notice the phrase"It's YOUR day, do what you like!" This is perfect for the inside of your cards when you're letting the recipient know they need to go have some "me-time" on their birthday or other occasion. :)

Last, I had to show you how you can make your magnetic mat reversible if you want to change up the background by adding a different DP to the back, but of course these will all stick to a fridge without the mat. (Be sure to leave a little border of magnet only around the paper rather than covering the whole sheet because it will not want to stick to your fridge if it is completely covered, starts to slide down(notice in the top pics that band of black around the edge? That's not black CS, it's the magnetic mat itself). The T-shirts do cling to the mat through the paper because they aren't as heavy)

I was also thinking it'd be a fun "battle of the sexes" type game: let each shirt represent you and your significant other on the fridge, post your passion of the moment, and see who's kind enough to slide the "it's your day..." magnet over to the other person's side and hold down the fort so the other can get out for a little break, hee hee!!

Are you curious to see more of "Have a Cookie" and "Tee Talk"? You're bound to find a few more images and words and for sure to see some fabulous projects using the sets here:

Asela Hopkins
Carolyn King
Donna Baker
Emily Giovanni
Erika Martin
Jessica Fick
Kurtis Amundson
Melanie Muenchinger
Courtney Fowler
Gina K
plus a couple more guest bakers I lined up (wink!): Carolina Buchting and Jessie Rone!
One more day til the release and our party!!!! Can't wait!

30 comments:

  1. I may have been stalking the Gina blog, when I saw these. I'm doing a big cookie swap for Christmas and this set is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, you are so talented! I can't wait to see the whole set of stamps! So sweet! And very precious! Thank you for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are one smart cookie! Those sandwich cookies are what Paula Dean couldn't say on TV, so she said, "The ones that rhyme with GLOREOS!" LOL! I can't eat REAL cookies any more since they have gluten in them, but since these are on paper, I might pretend to eat them. What I want to know is, how do you open it up to lick off the filling? :)

    SUCH a cute set Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute - love the cookies stacked up, must try that!

    What a great idea on the sayings - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!!! Great job stacking these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS MEL---I love that card and what a cool tee project. You are a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new cookies set!!! Your cards are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stacked cookies melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're amazing! But I think you already know that. This tower of cookies ROCKS my small self-contained universe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm lovin all the sneak peeks on these 2 sets. I just love your cards. These 2 sets are home runs in my stamping room. You are so creative and so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so anxious to see the rest of the cookie set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As usual Melanie you come through with flying colours! Two more awesome sets. Add that to your informative blogs, hints & tips, and these stamps are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love both of your new sets and can not wait until tomorrow's release so can see all stamps in the sets!
    You are extremely talented!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Melanie

    I cannot tell you how super excited I am about your new stamp sets. My absolute favorite (non-homebaked) cookie is the Oreo. And you made a stamp just for me. LOL! (and everyone else, of course). Your cookie set is going to pair nicely with the coffe set designed by Rupa. I can't wait to have them both. And I adore both of the tee sets. I am so glad you made more phrases to go along with them. How exciting. You totally rock.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh gosh! Your 2 new sets are truly must-haves for any stamper even though I've seen only sneak peeks so far! I love to bake and it would be great to have that set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way to go Melanie! Love those new sets!♥ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I knew you would have something FABULOUS and I wasn't wrong!! This is awesome girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woohoo! Now I am going to have cookies to go with my coffee!!! Your projects are so creative as usual. Can't wait to see the full sets!

    ReplyDelete
  20. FABULOUS! The cookie set is a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are great - LOVE the cookies!! And love that you came up with the idea at the Children's Museum. :-) And can't wait to see the rest of the words in the other set!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very creative, Melanie!! I love your stacked cookies and your poetry magnet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am such a COOKIE MONSTER!!!!!!!! I'm in LOVE!!!!!! Just from the "mention" of this set I've been on pins and needles to see it!!! I better get my order in first or these are gonna sell out!!!! And FUN, FUN, FUN sentiments for the Tees!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. how fun! I love the tower of cookies & the fridge (or office cabinet) poetry set is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. More great sets! I have a sweet tooth so I really like your cookie card! Thanks for the stacking tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH how exciting!!! I love your cookies and tees--lalalalala!!! I'm just about to burst, not sure I can wait till the release party! This is too much fun! Off to see the next sneak! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow this set may be my favorite yet! So cute and oh the possibilities! The only problem is that it makes me hungry :(

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG,MEL! How do you do it?? YOu just keep having these awesome illustrations and creations....I am in awe! I have been about to die wanting to see these cookies!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are both fabulous - the magnet tees are so fun, but I'm lovin' those cookies!!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)