Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sweet Sprinkles: Dollar Spot Alert!

Okay, there are SO many cookie/baking related items at the Target dollar spot(some are $2.50) right now, you've just got to go and you'll be set for almost everyone on"your list"! I grabbed a set of the comfort grip (Bashful Blue!) cookie cutters and a set of assorted sprinkles, with a quick plan to dress them up! I thought it added a bit of "magic" and fun to deem each sprinkle with the power to make "smart" or "cute" cookies, hee hee! so I gave each one a label I adhered to the top of the plastic sleeve container directly above each sprinkle can, changing out the words to make the different cookies. When someone takes them out they'll be able to open the bottle and shake the sprinkles out, but then put them back in the sleeve and the labels will all line up again.

The white CS is cut with a 1" circle punch, the larger Real Red or Garden Green mat is 1 1/4" punch. I tied a festive bow with one of the ribbon from the Gina K Pure Luxury assortment, put it in abasket with my cutters and some mix, and my gift is done! Great for a neighbor or family with kids to use all season long*! :)


*This same idea could be carried over to a decorating kit for Easter cookies, fall cookies etc just by selecting a different color or shaped sprinkles set... ;)

16 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute!! I miss Target in such a big way!!!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant way to put together a gift. This is the cutest thing ever. The labels are sweet sweet sweet! You must use 98.9 percent of your brain or at least 99.90 percent of the creative part of it! TOO cute! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! Your Target must be better than my target, I stopped in there twice, and really didn't find anything good. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute! What a great gift idea or stocking stuffer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just too cute!! You are such a smart cookie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dollar spot and I got these same things last year, my cutters were lined with red and they had a full set of 15 of the mini cutters and they are sooo cute for sugar cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so cool! what a great idea. I can't wait for my set to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip about Target. I had plan on making a couple cookie decorating sets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome idea. I don't know when I will get to Target but I do love my Target dollar spots. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lovvvvvvvvvvve it!!!!! I very occasionally do miss being able to shop when I want!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great gift idea! How do you come up with all these amazing ideas? Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yea Mel, you are one smart cookie! Thanks so much for all the constant inspiration. You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Melanie. What would we girls do without Target! Your gift idea is so great! I must make time to go to my favorite hangout. Hey, I left a comment for you on my blog.
    http://creationsbyar.blogspot.com

    Adela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! So funny I just picked these up the other day along with some other fun cookie goodies...gotta love target!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This cookie looks so YUMMY...good enough to eat!
    Celticrafter

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)