Thursday, November 15, 2012

You're Invited to a Party!

Good morning! Today the Gina K Designs Illustrating Team is inviting you to our release party tonight at 7 PM CST on StampTV! Really hope you can make it! We are all sharing a taste of the new stamps you'll see at tonight's release! Today I am showing a gift set of cards I made, because this year, I think a lot of my gifts to friends and family will be homemade ones! (Is that your plan, too?)
To help all the cards coordinate, I used 4 Pure Luxury cardstock colors, 3 inks, and 1 pack of coordinating Gina K Designs patterned paper (Sun Kissed Autumn, love these earthy colors any time of year!), plus copper brads to embellish each.  I made all the designs very different to give you ideas, as well as showing how to stamp out your greetings or trim letters individually as tags.

This was the first card I made.  Only after I finished did I decide to make a gift set, so I took cues from this design for the rest of my choices.   First, stamp circle images in Memento Rich Cocoa onto Honey Mustard.  Stamp letters inside.  Punch with a 3/4" circle (perfect fit!), then mount each on a 1" white circle. Doesn't that look sharp?  Adhere these on a 2 1/2"x 5 1/4" scrap of Gina K  Sun Kissed Autumn DP, I popped up every other letter to add more interest. Pure Luxury White mat embossed with CB folder Forest Branches. Three brass brads to embellish.  Honey Mustard base.
 Punch outs from Sun Kissed Autumn papers range 3/4" to 1 3/8" circles.  Cardstock is Sandy Beach and Honey Mustard.
 Base is Pure Luxury Warm Cocoa.  Circles stamped with Memento Peanut Brittle (stamped off for middle circle), and Toffee Crunch. I colored in the "o" with a Peanut Brittle marker.
 For this card I just used scissors to trim the white squares.  Base is Pure Luxury Sandy Beach.
 
 Pop them in a clear box and your gift is done!  (If you don't have clear boxes, you could also put them in a gift bag or tie them up with ribbon.)  You could just do all one design, or keep it even simpler making them all white bases for fewer supplies to purchase, but I like making lots of different designs so I don't get bored!  Which of these do you like best? Let me know!

TIP:   If you make multiples of several designs, you can mix them up to make multiple gift sets so each recipient has a nice selection in their box. :)


I can't wait for you to see the full reveal of Lots of Letters tonight at 7 PM CDT! (You're going to freak when you see aall the options you'll have with the shapes!)  All new products will be loaded to the store here at that time for you to get your shop on!

Illustrator and Senior Designer

Now please visit the rest of our illustrators for peeks and inspiration for ALL the new sets:
Party starts today (Thursday), November 15, 7PM Central Time in the Stamp TV Release Party Forum. Join us for Challenges, Contest Questions, Design Team Samples, Full Stamp Set Reveals and, of course, party chit chat!!! Hope to see you there!!

Also, if you haven't yet entered to win the $50 Gina K Designs gift certificate being given away by the Gina K Designs Illustrators from our Tuesday hop, there is still time to to so. The deadline is 5pm Central this evening.  Simply scroll down to Tuesday's post for full details.

69 comments:

  1. I love, love this set of cards! Great designs on each one. So different, but all coordinated. Your new set is going to be awesome! So fun and versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for alphabets! This is great, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get mine! LOVE your cards you created Mel, so awesome as always! I thought the one just said 'hell' though...couldnt figure out why at first, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cards are adorable. Lots of creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that they are all beautiful, but I'd pick the Happy card first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous set of cards!! My favorite? That's a tough one, but I'd have to say the 2nd one, Happy Birthday with all the different size punched circles.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love each one of the cards! - My favorite is the thank you! This will be a wonderful basic set, easy to use for any occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card set. Such great ideas for using alphabet sets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, your cards are fantastic!!! Love them all. Now can you pick me?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors. My family and friends like it when I give them card sets.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards, made with great stamps! Love the alphabet stamps and their "accessories"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all of your cards Mel!! I can't wait to get this set, it is going to be so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your set of cards are beautiful! We are all looking forward to the fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic cards! I love the color pallet of the papers. Perfectly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards, love that Sun Kissed Autumn paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great designs! Cute use of the letters and really like the background papers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards. Looks like LOTS of delightful options. I have to miss the party, but I'll be checking back tomorrow to see the entire set.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great set of cards. I like the round punched out pattern paper card with different sizes. Great way to use up leftovers too. But all are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great samples and love the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love how all of the cards coordinate, but are all different too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these cards, but my favorite is the "Thank You" card. You have given me some great ideas!

    Diane Lee

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are all great cards but the first is my favourite: it was hard to choose. Can't wait for the full release.
    Katherina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh Melanie. I love how you've used all the DPs. Great inspiration, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, Melanie! What a glorious set of cards! Love your alphabet stamps - so clean! I guess my favorite is the thank you card but it's tied with the happy card :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the cards and stamp set. I especially like the one with the different designed circles.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous set of cards and great inspiration!! Looking forward to seeing the entire set tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oohh, what a wonderful collection of cards. Super neat gift.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my - your card set has me on "melt" it's so heart-warming! Whoever receives this gift will be delighted beyond compare - thoughtful and beautiful (perhaps displayed as art rather than sent...)! Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome set of cards. Love the Happy Birthday one with all the punched out DP!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fab cards Mel!! Such a fun looking new set my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love these cards, those papers are so fab!!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are great ideas for a card set! Will definitely use this for the many, many sets I have to make for christmas! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love how every card is unique, yet part of matching set too. :) Thanks for showing the versatility!

    ReplyDelete
  35. These look amazing! I really like that paper as well!

    ReplyDelete
  36. this is such a gorgeous set of cards, love the color and the layouts

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful, beautiful! Such inspiration for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I LOVE this set of cards! You and your work is such an inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love all the colors and patterns in your cards. Lovely set!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow ... you sure made me "happy" with your cute set of cards. I love the "circle" ideas and I want to "thank you" for the wonderful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  41. love this card set. I like the thanks one best but all are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Very different! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh my goodness these are beautiful and love the colorway! Lovely indeed!

    Smiles♥

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lovely cards! Like the colors and also that all were different but all worked together. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  45. All your cards are beautiful. Never thought to use circles that way. That is going to be a great gift. I always try and make some of my gifts.
    Chalsie

    ReplyDelete
  46. Can't wait to see all the new products. Love the sneak peaks so far.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful cards! Can't wait to see the new products and how you gals use them.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Those are beautiful cards. I never would have thought to use those colors. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow! What a fabulous set for some lucky person to receive from you. I am trying to do some cards to give also. bluemoonbynte at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great set of cards--I like all the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Such beautiful cards and love the colors you use. Such a wonderful inspiration!

    God Bless!!!!

    I'm also a follower of your blog through my Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I think the Happy Birthday card is a favorite, but my answer could be different tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love all of the cards and the circular theme is dynamite. Such a great way to showcase the stamp set - can't wait to see the rest of the set!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Which one do I like the most………hmmmmm………that's a really tough choice. They are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  55. These gift sets are wonderful and I thank you for sharing themn with all of us. I plan on making several gift sets as Christmas gifts for people that I know will appreciate them and my hard work to make them as I am disabled.

    Blessings,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  56. WOW--love all your cards--to hard to pick just one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. oh these are amazing, I want to make card sets this year and you just made me think it's possible

    ReplyDelete
  58. Melanie, love your card set and even more I really believe you may have sold me on Lots of Letters. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Melanie, as always, GREAT JOB! Love these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wonderful job with the cards...I like the 'thank you' card best - certainly was hard to pick just one!
    Paper Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  61. Gorgeous gift!! Love the colors you used. Love them all; but, esp. the birthday one.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Great gift. I would love to be the one receiving these!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Gorgeous cards! My favourite is the thank you one with lots of white space.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Such lovely cards! Amazing how simple yet different and elegant they are! What a wonderful idea for a gift box!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love this set of cards. Especially like the colours which are so perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love the colors you used but my favorite one is the Happy Birthday with the many circles!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)