Sunday, November 18, 2012

What's that Spell?

Hello, happy Sunday!  Here's an easy sample to make, I gave this to William's soccer coach at the end of season party.  This is a really nice one for sports teams that doesn't necessarily have to have a sports image on it.  You could also use the team's colors to personalize it, but I just chose to go bright and use lots of inks.  
Be sure to scroll down for sentiment ideas for these letters!

This was a super fun one to make!  These two Lots of Letters circle images two step stamped together remind me of fun retro bottle caps, so I decided to try about every bright color combo I could make with my Memento pads* and then add some dimension and shine with my page pebbles!  
TIP:  To figure out the spacing, I just placed the sheet of pebbles over the folded base and one at a time added my letter elements, then covered it with a page pebble before moving to the next.  

TIP:  Stamp in this order:  the rim first, then the burst that fits inside, then the letter in the middle.

*From left to right with rim color listed first in each :
Bahama Blue and New Sprout
Tangelo and Cantaloupe
Roe Bud and Angel Pink
Cottage Ivy and Pear Tart
Grape Jelly and Lulu Lavender
Teal Zeal and Morocco
Nautical Blue and Summer Sky

Here are some short words you can stamp quickly and that will fit well on card fronts, most six letters or less that will fit on the cool border stamp in Lots of Letters.  
These work for many occasions and holidays:

Peace 
Merry
Joy
Rejoice
Believe
Laugh
Dream
Create
Inspire
Thanks 
Us
Family
Friend
Happy
Easter
Hello
Hi
Hey
Baby
 Sweet
Bravo
Hugs
Kisses
Party
Star
For you
Sorry
Get well
Love
hee hee
Lol
Ttys
boo
Winter
Spring
Summer
Fall 
Bday
Xmas
Wish
Hugs
Pssst
xoxo
 Shut up!*

(*but you have to mean this one in the *nicest* way)

Help me add to this list! :) So many nice things to say! 
Please share your ideas with all of us below!

3 comments:

  1. How about: Mom, Dad, Hubby, Son, Wife, Dear, or Honey! And, many names fit perfectly too for a personalized card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, love your new set and first word that popped in my head was BINGO! I know there are tons more but thought I would share that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you rock! Awesome set, fantastic card and thanks for the word suggestions.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)