Friday, January 11, 2008

I Got GIFTS!

Look how cute this little calendar is that Donna made for me! (and I'm not just saying that because it uses my stamps!!) What an easy and clever way to make a desk calendar, it a piece of cardstock folded into a triangular "tube", I'd only seen the CD case calendars before, this is great you can tear the pages right off. She said there is even a little 2008 calendar you can print out on Splitcoast! I think the bamboo branch from Embrace Life works great with the giraffe stamp(she stamped it on each page) and it's a really nice neutral color combo, which is good to think about since it's out on your desk year-round!(I believe it's River Rock, Always Artichoke, and Groovy Guava, am I right, Donna?) If you haven't yet checked out her blog, you should, everything she posts is just beautiful, and honestly, I'm liking the samples she's made for my set more than my own LOL! What good friend she is to me! Thank you, Donna, YOU rock!!! ("You rock"greeting is from Hanna Stamps!)

This card uses the new Lined Paper background stamp for Cornish Heritage Farms, which was a just because/Christmas gift/stamp release/design team farewell/it's my birthday gift from Lisa
Strahl (Mona Lisa on SCS)who designed the stamp! She actually let me pick my favorite, and while there were so many gorgeous ones to choose from(16 new releases!), I thought this was just so different and fun, and completely unlike any other stamps I have! And SO versatile and practical: think of all the fun to do/shopping list/notepads/journals you could make in fun colors! and how great for stamping your greetings on the lines or for journalling! Or letting your kids practice their lettering! i just love it, takes me back to my school days(the years before I started hating school that is!LOL!)


I really like this stamp with my new set, Just So Hippy, the flowers, hearts and animals are the kind of things I would have doodled in my notebook. And I was thrilled when my set arrived (her background stamp arrived first) to find that the greetings from this set are just the right for the spaces! too cool....For this card I wanted it to look just like a sheet from a notebook, so I inked it up in Bashful Blue and ran my regal Rose marker down the vertical lines before stamping. (But don't limit this fun stamp to these colors, I have plans for some really cute pads in my favorite color combo, chocolate chip and PINK!!!) I think added the matted focal point here make it look like page out of a diary with a photo attached. Check back tomorrow to see how I made the little envelope he's holding...


Thank you tons, Lisa, I hope you like this card!!!

1 comment:

  1. you're right - those are the colors I used. You're so welcome and as soon as I can FIND my awesome card you gave me, I'm going to take a picture/post it. Not sure where I put it on Weds! ugh. You're so sweet about liking my stuff more, but I can't believe it.
    I LOVE your elephant on the notebook paper! too cute

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)