Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Cart Runneth Over...

The All-American simplicity and sweetness of this apple cart image from "So Grateful" made me want to create a very simple clean design on white to make those red and greens really pop. I inked up just the apples fro the top of the image and stamped, then grounded them using my little tuft of grass from "Hip Hop Accessories".

I wanted to recreate the " Never-ending kindness" by having it dump a huge bounty of apples again and again and contemplated making a kind of motion card where the wheel would be attached like a penny spinner and you could upend the back of the cart, but decided, "not today!" LOL! (so maybe in a future post...) Here I just chose to cut it out and pop up to make it dimensional. Images are colored with Copics.I realized when I went to mount my cart overlapping the apples, the wheel was going to cover part of the pile and make it look like they'd disappeared, not showing through the spokes where they should. Not good. My choices at that point were to cut out between each of the spokes to see the pile behind (mmm...no) , create a cut out mask of the cart andspokes and then stamp the apples over it again (mmmmm....NO!), or just taking a pen to make some little curves and lines for grass in between (we have a winner!! You DO not need to be an illustrator to pull that quick fix off!) I went back and added more of a shadow under the popped up cart later, but was too lazy to take another pic! Sorry!

A little SU! grosgrain and some stitched ribbon from Joanne finished it off.

Thank you kindly for visiting, it means the world to me! Have a wonderful day! :)
PS Please go vote for one of my my friends( or you know, whomever you like best, but aren't there projects AWESOME! I'm so proud of these ladies!!) in the Just Rite contest here : Donna Baker , Barb Schram, and Julie Koerber!

14 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the wheel barrow! Filled with apples adds to the smile on my face; how cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card. Simple and sweet! I love how you did the whell barrow wheel too, cutting those triangles out would have been such a pain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great card! love the bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I really love this card. I love its clean, fresh look...the way the apples just pop on the page. Love the ribbon treatment too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of this, and your coloring is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it looks good enough to eat. We're in the early to mid stages of apple harvest in our area---this looks soooo good! Very pretty card.
    Gail S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh.........simply SWEEEEET!! And deeelish!! Okay, sure.....you may think you don't need to be an artist to draw some little apples........but trust me.....when it comes to anything free hand.......well, let's just say that even the simplest shapes become unrecognizable!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the simplicity of your card. It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is just beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so great. I love how the colours pop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous card! Your coloring is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! I love your coloring. The shine on all those apples is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)