Thursday, September 18, 2008

You're a Star

Here's a card I made for my dear friend Vanessa, a UT grad and fan, who just went back to work part-time on UT campus. It's a big change for her since she has been staying home with her son the last two years, so I wanted to give her a little boost congratulating her on the new job and show my support. The background was easily created with the two star images in the "Just So Sporty" set. Line them up on you block and stamp away, leaving a space in between each pair that is equal to the distance you placed you stars apart for a perfect pattern. I used one of the diagonals on my Scor-Mat as a guide as I went.
The necklace was a chain and Longhorn charm I got at Hobby Lobby, after attaching the charm with a jump ring, I decided I really want wanted to use it as part of my design, so I used my rectangle punch from SU! in the score at the top (but you could also make a slit with a craft knife and thread the chain through) so it would dangle down in the front next to the shirt. Inside I mounted this big Fiskar punched Star on a dimensional with #1" and wrapped my chain around the dimensional to keep it in placeon the front where I wanted it. I think this is a really fun way to present a necklace (and easier than making a box LOL!)*

Thanks to everyone who visits my blog so faithfully, it's wonderful to have fans, I couldn't keep it going without your support! :)
* If you haven't noticed yet, nost of my best ideas are really just me trying to figure out a way to get out of doing more work! ;)

16 comments:

  1. Love this idea of giving a necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, this is so cute. I love how you added the necklace as part of the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and cute card. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mel, this is so cool! I know Vanessa loved it as she was raving about it to me a couple weeks ago. Very thoughtful, very deserved (IMHO) and very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well if this is what you come up with when trying to get out of work, keep it up! What a great idea for the background, and a new way to present a necklace! Both fantastic ideas, and what a thoughtful friend you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another FABulous gift idea and amazing card all-in-one!!! My release party package never got here.........something must have happened to it in the mail.....so I'm just still designing in my mind!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific card. I love the longhorn necklace. This is such a wonderful idea. I look forward everyday to seeing your Blog. Thanks for all the great ideas and info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea! How you can find thing that coordinate so well is just awesome! Love the necklace idea - thanks so much for sharing and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well of course I gotta love a UT card!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're so thoughtful! I bet she cried when you gave it to her! I never saw the longhorn charm there (gotta go get some) love your card too

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE my card! Did I tell you I have it sitting on my desk at work?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome . . . I know lots of folks that would love to get that one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you integrated the necklace into the card. And I am a BIG fan of your blog, even if I don't comment much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally cute, I love it, and I am sure she did!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)