Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sporty Packaging and Tag

Jonathan got invited to a fun "Olympic" themed party over the weekend for his classmate, who just turned 7. I've stamped a lot of gift wrap in my time, but I've never made anything that even came close to how boyish this turned out to be! :)
It was very simple to do, I've had a roll of plain white paper for years I can pull out any time to create a wrap in the colors and style I need, but haven't had a lot of "cool boy" options before my "Just So Sporty" set. I stamped the jersey and "All Star birthday" in different angles in black all over my paper. I chose three primary colored markers and colored in just the collars and stripes, it went really fast! Last I added the "07" (for his) age in the corresponding color on each jersey, plus stars in the same color on the background. In though it turned out so cute (uh, I mean, cool! LOL!
If you've never made shaped gift tags using stamped images, they are a snap! Stamp your image on the right side of your CS (Garden Green here). Now line up a straight edge of your image (like the edge of the sleeve or across the shoulder) with a track in the Scor-Pal and score along it.
Fold on the score and cut though both layers along the the edge of the stamped image.
Here's what it looks like inside.
And it stands up! (These would be fun as little personalized place cards at a party) I added "07 BIRTHDAY" from the set and colored in the stripes with my white Koh-i-Noor Pencil. A glue dot is all you need to adhere it to the package firmly, but still makes it easy to pull off if the recipient wants to save the card. A little shaped jersey like this is a fun thing for a child to keep on their shelf :)

Any fun, terrifically creative "Just So Sporty" projects you'd like to share? Please link it below!! I love this one of Lee's, check it out!! Ooh, another, this referee shirt from Theresa, complete with striping tuorial, too clever!!

Tomorrow: another sporty project by Pamela!!

12 comments:

  1. I love how your gift wrap turned out. I have a lot of boys in my family and that is a great idea for boys or men. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just so stinkin' clever! I love the wrapping paper and the tag! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Love it! I have been looking at that stamp and wondering where to put a fold to make a gift tag like that. Now I know. LOL. Such a fabulous set. I am loving this set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest gift wrap I've seen in a long time. With 5 grandsons (ages 3-10) that idea will really come in handy. Thanks so much for sharing this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! Thanks for showing how to make shaped tags - you make it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the cutest gift wrap and I LOVE that tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome gift wrap!! I need some more plain white wrapping to keep around!! And the Scor Pal sure is handy for everything, isn't it?? Now to learn how to make my own envelopes with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute!! I love your wrapping paper and great little gift tag, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea Melanie! I just had my daughter Olivia make some wrapping paper this past weekend! Great minds think alike lol! I love the way you made the gift tag. I may use that idea. I'm using the sporty set for a 12 yr old boy who's birthday is this weekend. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute wrapping paper! And LOVE how you did the tag!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)