Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Spooky Tees: TTCs

Here's a peek of the Tin Trading Cards I made for the swap Joanne organized, they are slightly smaller than an ATC, but will fit into an Altoid Tin. I'm excited about this swap because I almost never send out a card I get from a swap (I like to keep them), so having this smaller format that will fit in a little treasure chest (tin) is perfect for storing them and going through whenever I want to take another peek...

I used the label from "What's in Your Tin? 1" and Gina K's Spooky Silhouettes to make this Halloween trading card. To save time on cutting, I just colored in the outer border with Koh-i-Noor pencils to match my tees (which are all pieced from Basic Grey's Ambrosia pack) This way I didn't have to cut out another larger layer of orange, ruby, and gray to put under my vanilla. To add some spooky cobweb-like texture, I stamped SU!'s sanded background in Silver Encore Ink over each cut-out label before adhering my shirt.

Witch is stamped in Palette Noir, along with some bats (some are stamped off and outside the border, looks like they're about to fly off the card) and "Boo" in the background. I used my Orange Spica to color in the fire and the bubbles and had fun arranging my googly eyes on each of the cards (they were a little big to really fit on her profile the way I wanted, so I thought I'd animate the cauldron, give the bat a perplexed look, and put a single eyeball in the witch's hand for her to add to the pot (the secret ingredient). If you click on the pic you'll see a little shading on the tee, I rolled my bold stamp in mustard or gray ink to add to the outlined shirt, to see the best way to line up the two shirts up for this effect, see this post.

These were really fun to make! Which (witch?!) do you like best?? I can't decide... (which is why I didn't commit to any one design, you can do that in swaps, you know, hee!) Hope you'll join us for a swap in the future, there's always something going on in our forum, check it out! :)

17 comments:

  1. Mel, I love the one in the middle with her holding onto an eyeball...spooky!
    Debi Nicol at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ttc's! I can't wait to get one. I think I like the gray one best because I would actually wear that shirt! Great job, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the idea of making them small enough to fit into a tin also! What a wonderful way to display and then like you said, go through on the reminiscing occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh cute!! Look at those fun A-TEE-C's!!!! LOL Dang! I'm not in your group!! Oh the googlie eyes are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to tell you this! I love the "eye of newt" witchy tee. Just too cute on the humor side! thanks for sharing and designing! I'm new to your newsletter and will visit you often. Linda Crowder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo yay I'm in your group!! I love the middle one, made me think of 'eye of newt' LOL! Awesome idea Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute. I love these! All of them! These are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, so cute! Yay,I think I am in your group. I love 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Melanie, WOW! on the "Witchy Cards". It just keeps getting better! Too cute! What else can I say? Maybe, "You rock, girlfriend!" Thanks for sharing with us out here in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo how witchy! Love them, and love that they fit on the Tee's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome cards! I like all three it is too hard to decide...

    ReplyDelete
  12. they're all awesome! so cool at how many things can fit on your tee's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun idea for a swap, fitting into a tin is brilliant! I love all three (I love Halloween!) but I'd have to go with the orange one I think. Guess I'm a traditionalist. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love these! What a wonderful idea to use for ATC's

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mel, I love the gray one with the eyes on the bat wings. Cute idea and will be a hit.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)