Monday, September 15, 2008

Friends Make the Best Cheerleaders

I made this pink and black card not only to show how to make my "Just So Sporty" set a little more "girly", but also for a buddy who always boosts me up, she is one of many whose constant encouragement keeps me going every day. When I added these little "cheer leader" stamps to the set, I thought they would be perfect not only for those who wear the uniform, but also for all those people in our life who rally when we need it. (Thank you everybody who offered help and prayers for William, he is doing MUCH better now with the nebulizer!) Here's a closeup to see the Crystal Lacquer on the whistle. Here, instead of masking, I cut it out and adhered it on top the shirt, then drew a little cord with my black pen to make it look like it was casually looped over the corner of the scalloped mat. I love this little ball cap as an accessory! I stamped just the outlined star and colored it with a pink Koh-i-Noor and clear Copic Spica before mounting it on a dimensional. The sweatshirt is outlined with a warm gray 20% Prismacolor marker.

Have a GREAT day, and a big THANK U to all my cheerleaders out there! :) (Have somebody who does that for you? please tell me about them here)

8 comments:

  1. Oh sooooo cuuuuuuuute!!!! And that detail with the crystal lacquered whistle is so fun!!!! And PINK!!!!! LOL I'm seriously bummeed that my order hasn't gotten here yet!! Okay........tomorrow.......it just HAS to be there tomorrow!!!!

    I have found the BEST cheerleaders in this awesome blogging and stamping world!!!! And you are one of them!!! Thanks so much for all the encouragement and your belief in me!!! And I'm sooo glad little William is doing much better!!! Hugs to you my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Melanie, that girly hoodie rocks. I love the hat and the whistle hanging over the corner. The shading realy steps it up a notch. Very cool.

    I'm glad to hear William is doing better. Being sick is never fun, and being a kid and sick is even less fun. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work Melanie!
    I've had allergies all my life and developed asthma in my 40's of all things. Have you had William tested for allergies? It may or may not be necessary but the future with global warming does not bode well for those of us with allergies and asthma.
    I've taken allergy shots off and on for over 50 years. They really do help.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty in pink, Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! What a clever idea to hang the whistle over the corner of the paper like that!

    Sorry to hear that William is dealing with asthma and thank goodness he is doing better! My daughter struggled with it for a time (not badly, thankfully). I think it was caused by the house we were living in at the time. When we moved, she never had to use her inhaler again.

    Hang in there, Melanie. I will be sending positive thoughts for his continued improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card Melanie!! So happy to her William is doing better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear William is doing better! I have been thinking about you both.
    I will have to agree with Lee, the paper crafting family of bloggers are the best cheerleaders! We are really a bunch of wonderful sisters aren't we! I love this Family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, the shiny whistle is the PERFECT touch. I think we are each other's cheerleaders *wink* is this card for me?! j/k I bet I know who it is for

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)