Friday, September 19, 2008

Guest Designer: Pamela Smerker


I really miss having a big old guest design team this month, don't you?! ;) So here's a little extra talent I recruited to give you some fun ideas for "Just So Sporty", from... Pamela Smerker! I really enjoy her blog and all the unique ideas she has, and this first project certainly didn't disappoint! I never would have thought of changing the jersey into a karate jacket, isn't it adorable?? To do this, use a marker to ink up just the areas of the jersey you want, here she left off the ends of the sleeves and just the bottom of the v neck collar to allow her to connect a few diagonal lines across for the"wrap". The little black belt she made with satin ribbon is the perfect touch! I also really like how she used the "happy" "birthday" stamps offset this way and in a nice bright red to match her base.

And how do you like that dojo screen? She used her Scor-Pal to create the grid over a layer of tissue paper and white CS, how's that for trying to make it authentic? I love it!

I personally don't know anyone who takes martial arts, but I can think of a bunch of people I'd like to CASE this card for to let them know they really KICK BUTT!! KI-YAAAA! LOL!

Leave her some love here for this totally out-of-the-box idea and and then head over to Pamela's blog to catch another project with the set, and what a bonus, it just happens to be her "Friday Flick"!! If you haven't see these on her blog before, you're in for a real treat, you'll be able to see a video of her making the card from start to finish(and she always adds some catchy tune), so grab some coffee (or popcorn, depending on what time it is!) and sit back and enjoy! AND, be sure to check out Gina K's blog today to see who our "In the Spotlight" Guest Designers next month will be, SO exciting!!

12 comments:

  1. Just darlin'! Off to visit Pamela's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh congrats to Pamela and I've gotta go check out her blog!!! What a cool Karate idea!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Pamela! And thanks for sharing it Melanie. I'm going to have to hop on over to Pamela's blog now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Pam ROCKS! I have been following her blog Forever and totally love her stuffs! woohooo! Congrats Pam! so very deserving! This karate outfit is amazing!

    You made me snort my coffee with your 'kick butt'....hahaha! You are so funny Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great IDea and Card!! Im off to check her blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea! Pam does wonderful work. Can't wait to see the rest of her projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever idea! I'm off to visit her blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah! this is so fabulous, I love Pamela! what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are too cute!! Love the shirts and the sweat shirts, so much possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome!! Great card, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)