Sunday, September 28, 2008

Thanks from the 'Hood!

Here's a quick card for my dear hoodie-wearing friend and neighbor who was kind enough to run out and buy medicine for me when I was sick last week, and then wouldn't accept any money for it!!! So I had to make her a thank you card and slip a gift certificate inside for the equivalent in ice cream, I know she won't turn that down! I used Basic Grey "Cupcake" paper for the background (aren't those green cones fun??) and the hoodie, tracing the undersides with a green marker to give it more dimension before cutting. Areas inside the sleeves are easily removed with a craft knife. I used the threading water punch for the scalloped bottom and notched out the top corners with my ticket punch before adding some little red adhesive rhinestones to match the cherries. Ribbon and CS are SU!


I think this snuggly hoodie would also be nice for a get well or "take care of yourself "card, too. Any bloggers out there who have hoodie-wearing weather yet? I could happily live in one year-round if weren't so darn hot here LOL! My favorite is a navy blue one I got at Oktoberfest in Munich back in 1998 when Paul and I toured Europe (and got engaged), has a little kangaroo front pouch like this one. A close second would be any of my more blinged out, zip up hoodies! Please tell me what your favorite hoodie looks like (or would look like) and have a great day!

BTW, Sneak peeks start in just two days(Tuesday)!! I am stamping up a storm of stuff Ican't show you yet!! Can't wait, can't wait! Release party begins at 7 PM CST Thursday night in our forum!

7 comments:

  1. Oh totally FUN thank you!!!! Oh I LOVE hoodies!!! But then the pictures on my blog probably give that away!!! LOL My PINK fleece one with Tinkerbell on it is my fave!! But I also love my red one with Pooh on it!!! Yep.....it's hoodie time here already!!! Wanna come visit??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! I am ready for hoodie time, but the weather isn't. Word has it that it might get down into the seventies this week. Yay! All hoodies are great, but my fave is the one I stole from my DH. Nice and roomy and plain ol' grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hoodie. I don't have a fave one because I don't have one. I certainly need one now. Our temps are in the low 40's overnight and highs are high 60s. This is way too cool for me. Guess I need to go out and buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hoodie! I'm sure your neighbor will love it, and the ice cream GC! I don't have a hoodie, but I'm thinking a blue one with my son's high school hockey team on it would be a cool one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite one was a real $3.98 bargain. I got it at the local Disney Store during its clearance sale. It is navy with a red,white and blue decorated Mickey. It's my favorite snuggly jacket.
    We have hoodie weather during next weeks, the leaves are starting to change. Do I smell warm cider???Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card, Mel! That hoodie is perfect with your patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)