Monday, September 22, 2008

Shower Flower Power

Do I love this new Black Market Let it Bloom DP so much I forgot to add a stamped focal point on my card??

Oh, THERE it is! (but I DO love this paper! aren't the colors yummy! and the texture and double-sided prints work so well for this concept, like designer wallpaper and shower curtain hee hee!)


This design is not what I originally intended: I struggled with trying to make this way-cool pull card that looked like you were pulling the shower curtain ASIDE to reveal the tub (My Favorite Things Presents Chill Out , but it just didn't come together for me...oh well! In the end I scored the top of the DP with my Scor-Pal and used the 1/8" Scor-Tape to adhere to my embossed nestie cut rectangle, lift the flap books anyone?? LOL!



I also used the threading water punch for the bottom of the curtain and cut out a bloom from the paper you see at the bottom. Gina K Self Adhesive rhinestones accent the flower. I grabbed my Aquapainter to custom mix the tub color to match my paper using Creamy Caramel and River Rock from my pad lids. Dots are Taken with Teal and the fuchsia color in the flowers is a Koh-i Noor Pencil, hope this helps you matching this DP :) I really like how it has the white on several pages, it's a nice fresh pop and I DO have that color CS LOL!

Anyway, I'm going to be sending this card to a caregiver, and it is also my entry into Carolyn's Heart To Heart Blog Candy Giveaway, please take some time to participate in this challenge, you'll make someoene feel special with your card and you could win over $1000 in stamping stuff!! Need I say more? Go enter*, it ends this Friday!

*If you don't enter, cross your fingers that I WIN becuase I like to share!! :)

7 comments:

  1. Those papers ARE gorgeous! What a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card! Very cute!

    I'm going to try to get my card made for Cammie's contest. I know a lady from church who's husband has Alzheimer's and I bet she would really enjoy a card, don't you?

    (BTW, you would share with ME, right? LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, love the paper and the stamp is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm sooooooo happy I got that paper pack!!! It is gorgeous!! I love the design and the peek a boo'ing of the image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect card for a caregiver! Love that MFT stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute card. You're right - that paper is WONDERFUL. Am working on my cards. Being totally involved in this fight against ALZ, I've got too many people I could send to. Caregivers, support people who jump in and help, it's an endless group who we are so blessed to have around us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty, pretty paper. I love your card. It does look like a shower curtain. Too cool.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)