Monday, September 8, 2008

Oh, Nuts!!

" Your never-ending kindness means the world to me." This sentiment and row of acorns in Rupa's new "So Grateful" set made me think about what would make Carolyn's squirrel from "Whimsical Autumn" most happy: a never-ending supply of NUTS!!!

Don't these set and styles blend perfectly? Let your friend or loved one know you're nuts about them with this simple card, easy to recreate if you don't mind a little coloring (which actually went relatively quickly with just a few shades from the Koh-i-Noor pack and a blending stump and OMS. I followed up with my warm gray 20% Prismacolor marker for some quick shadows.) The checks in the caramel gingham were the perfect complement for the acorns and squirrel on this sweet, outdoorsy card. Sentiment is stamped on a Nestabilitie Ribbon tag and popped up on dimensionals. Edited to Add: There is a single acorn image in this set and a long row of them(satggered upside down and right side up); I used the row, stamping it 3 (and 1/2) times to cover my card so lining them up like this was very simple.

Remember, proceeds from Rupa's set are going to "Feed the Children", and Cammie's are going tothe Alzheimer's Association! In addition to that, check out all the extra donations and matching contributions that have been offered here, get ready to smile and cry at the generosity!

Have a terrific day! Go NUTS!!!

PS I will be back later today to announce the Scor-Pal and Scor-Mat winner, I'm still busy cutting up all those little strips of paper!!!

15 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card Mel! Your coloring is right on! Beautiful! Love the checked ribbon with it too, and how you did it around the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I love the shadows, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I just love that little squirrel. This set is definitely on my wishlist. I am on a stamp diet so I have to wait until next month to buy more stamps. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I just ordered that set.... thanks for the great idea on how to use the stamps once I get them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable mel--love you you creatively used these sets together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Those sets really do work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww....look at that little guy just overcome with joy!!!! LOL Such a cute card, of course, and a cute idea, of course!!! Both of these sets are heading my way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable is that!!
    Good spotting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card! That must have taken forever to stamp out all those nuts! I just love your blog! I left you an award on my blog, come on over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet card! love all your coloring (esp on the acorns)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute - so smart to pair the nuts with the squirrel. That squirrel must be in squirrel heaven! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)