Friday, September 26, 2008

Spooky Hideout

I got the idea for this card from the little roof top deck on the spook house in Monster Squad, it got me a thinking a few of the little monsters would be cute up there, so I grabbed some Post it Notes to mask off the house (stamp house first, cover, then stamp kids and remove Post it) and just inked up a few little kids at a time (the ones peeping out the side are inspired by two my little boys who LOVE hide and seek and almost ALWAYS choose the same hiding spot!*) The popped up children in front and the circle punched moon are mounted on dimensionals, as is the focal point. The images are colored with Koh-i-Noor and Copic Spicas for sparkle the colors were a great match!

I took my color combo from the DP, isn't that paper fun? again from the Target Dollar Spot!! (oh BTW, Amy Johnson won the DP pack from last weeek, sorry I forgot to post, Amy congrats , please send me your addy!) The punched corners are from another sheet in the pack as well, and several of the sheets are embossed or have glitter.

PS Kim is having a special on her Halloween sets, check out the deets here, ends today!

*I still take my time looking for them, though, as I finish up a card... while counting .... really.......S L O W L Y...... :)

6 comments:

  1. so cute! love those little ones hiding

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. Lol on the kids hiding in the same spots all the time! (Glad they do though--makes the game easier!!!)

    Fabulous--as I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a spooktacualr card, Melanie! It is sooo cute...love that paper too! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.........what a cute idea with the little ones hiding as they so love to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this card just brought an instant smile to my face - what a creative way to use this set - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)