Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Got (e)MAIL!

I was so excited to receive an email the other day complete with pics of a project made with my stamps from one of my very dear Stampin Up! customers(ex), Sharon McNair! (I had over 40 workshops over the years and I think Sharon attended all but 2!)
She writes: "I was going through my stash of items I keep around the house and came up with this idea. It's a Survival Kit to keep with me at all times when I have my grand-kids. I think it would be great to have at a restaurant to keep them busy while we wait for our food. My goal was to use at least one stamp from each one of your sets. I think I managed. Each image to be colored by the kiddo's is stamped on the back with "I made this just for you." so they can sign their art. I also included a few tic-tac-toe cards. "
Now I had thought about making some little sheets of paper to put in a tin with some crayons, but it had NOT occurred to me use some of the bajillion stamps images I have lying around to make mini coloring pages!! I just love this idea of hers, so cute! (and thought it was very clever to stamp the "I made this..." on the back.) :) Sharon used the retired Island Blooms SU! scrappin kit with adhesive trims and accents which made covering this tin using just the border label stamps and sentiments from What's In Your Tin?2 and the pages inside a breeze!


Next, CHECK OUT this really cool tutorial from Pamela Smerker sent me on how to stretch and shrink the border label images from the What's in Your Tin? sets! Genius! (I am unable to add a pic here so just check the link) She's made some other really cool projects on her blog using these sets, please check them out!(And if you might know WHY her blog seems to be frozen so that you can't open the comments or click on links, please email her through her blogger profile because she and I are both mystified! Takes a lot of joy out of blogging if people can't comment or ask questions about your stuff!)

Speaking of emailing me brilliant projects! WHERE is all your fabulous work with the tin sets? Don't you want some free stamps?? Or are you just waiting to vote? (The prize is bigger for the winning proeject!!) Come on, two weeks to get your entries in to me! I'm WAIT-ING...
Another "killing time" tin tomorrow using a scrappin kit, a card, and some more thoughts/updates on MAIL! :)
Have a great day!

16 comments:

  1. how cool what Pamela did! oh and I can't even click on Pamela's profile to send her an email about the comments not working - I think her whole blog is frozen now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tin! And, a fab idea! Always handy !

    I just checked out Pamela's blog...worked fine for me...so hopefully, it is back in order !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT idea! I think I HAVE to have this set now! LOL Seeing creations make it easier to visualize what I could use them for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crayon box idea! Thanks for the link to that tutorial. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont even KNOW what I have been waiting for...all the ideas with the tins have been AWESOME...but, this one ( for the grandguys) put me over the edge...I am going to order the stamps RIGHT NOW!!..TFS...whoooowhooo
    creative blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to make a mini coloring book. Very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the coloring pages tin, what a super idea. I should make one for my purse or even to keep in the car (except use colored pencils, so they don't melt).
    I am going to email blogger and see if they can figure out my blog. It is killing me that it isn't working for some people and does for others.
    Thanks for the link Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABulous!!! How great!!!! And it's NOT fair!! I'm stuck in bed more miserable than ever while ideas for tins dance in my head!!! BUMMER!!!!!! I'd throw a hissy fit, but it would hurt too much!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. This little coloring kit is so cool! And yes, do we need that type of stuff for restaurants, this is definitely a survival kit!... ;-)
    I can't believe it but your stamps still haven't seen ink yet! I know, such a shame!!!... I trimmed them but didn't get a chance to try my luck at those little tins, even though it's been itching me!
    Hopefully, tomorrow is another day!... :-P

    ReplyDelete
  10. totally super idea with the mini coloring pages and crayons--love that! Gotta go check out Pamela's blog now, bye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, awesome idea!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too stinkin' cute!!! Another must make for my nephew...what a wonderful idea Pamela sent you, off to check her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super cute idea!! I love it!! I need to do this for my nieces, that would make their day, they love to "stamp" with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This SO BEYOND CUTE; I wanna buy one to color!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)