Wednesday, April 23, 2008

If Elle Woods Grilled...

she'd have a blinged-out Weber and a matching(platinum!) spatula! I don't grill myself, but I'm confident some of you and your friends out there know how to start a fire! I added the little crown and "queen" from my new "Hip Hop" set to Rupa's "King of the Grill" :)

I made this for the color challenge this week, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink. All paper is SU! except for the paper piecing which was done with DCVW adhesive mat pack, awesome for little piecing like the handle!!

I attached some adhesive rhinestones to my celery colored button brads from Gina K. Hope if you click on the pic you can see my "flame broiled background"?? I used my CB Distressed Stripes folder to emboss the chocolate chip CS and then rubbed my Burnt Umber Palette ink over the embossing (which I also used to stamping my images) I really like the texture it added. But if it doesn't say "hamburger patty" to you, then maybe just "deck"...


Okay, stop back later for another girly "King of the Grill" project! ;) (you can probably guess...)

15 comments:

  1. See if I had this grill I'd be the first to volunteer to grill! Your queen take is too funny - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that grill! You need to present that idea to the Weber Grill Company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my - you are TOO funny! I adore the bling on the brads, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cute!!! I'd be the first in line to buy that cute Weber! :-) You come up with the cutest cards combining sets. Very creative!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Elle Woods! She is so unrealistic but hilarious! This a good take on what she would do with a grill! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha..Ha..Ha. Very cute! I have a friend who grills. Spring and summer, a beer in one hand and spatula in the other. I am going to make one for her, when mine arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay..........just HOW do you out-do yourself every single day!!! You actually got a REAL LOL from both my DD and I!!! Love Elle Woods.....and LOVE her girlie grill you made her!! Matching spatula and everything!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As long as you don't start grilling the hip&hop animals, we're fine! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so clever--LOVE the queen crown on the grill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melanie, you make me laugh sometimes! You are just so creative! Now someone MAY have thought of a pink grill, but one as blinged out and plaid....no way. And then to connect it to Elle Woods! You are my hero of the week! Thanks....it feels good to laugh out loud! (BTW, that was a total compliment.)

    Sara in WI

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooo cute!!! And love the Elle Woods reference - watching that movie everytime it's on tv is one of my guilty pleasures... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just too stinkin' cute! My sister would LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehehe!!! You are awesome, this is super fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just too cute, never in a million years would have thought of this!! No grilling for me either though, everything would be burnt!!lytdszpopphqwod

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)