Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Quick Cropped Giraffe Couple!

I've seen a lot of hippy cards using "the bi-colored spots", but the first card I saw with this was Cindy Haffner's fabulous sample! So when the baby stamp came out, I thought how perfect to make each parent have the different colored spots to produce a lovely, blended baby ! The color inspiration for this was Gina K's first Hip Hop sample, I just loved that blue color with the chocolate. (This blue background paper is DP from my Cosco slab. )My hope is that by incoprating both the blue AND pink and keeping the bling to a minimum(I used the Button Babies Brads through the SU! punched ovals) I can send this card out for a new baby boy OR girl!
After stamping these giraffes I decided they were further apart than I wanted them(shown above, originally I was going to put the baby between them) so instead of doing it over, I found a fast solution. Cut around just the left side of the right giraffe, cutting stright up to the giraffe hoof from the bottom and then straight up to top edge when you are done with the outline, and then splice the two together. (you don't have to cut out the wonky new edge in the middle just glue the giraffe on top of it, lining up the top and bottom of the CS so they're straight.
One last thing I did to complete the illusion (forgot to take a pic, sorry) was to cut off the left giraffes right front hoof to adhere on to top of the new spliced image(See how in this bottom pic it looks like one foot is missing? Now look back up a t the completed card to see what I did. Yeah, that added a little more time, but still faster than cutting out both giraffes!!)

EDITED TO ADD: Roni, I need you to contact me by 5PM CST Thursday, 5/1 to claim your prize, otherwise I will need to draw another name for the Papertrey set. Thank you!

14 comments:

  1. So cute! Definitely could be used for boy or girl! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww........I love the blending of blue and pink so you can have a baby card ready no matter if it's a girl or boy!! And I also love that blue and chocolate color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!!!!! Melanie, I am dying to get my hands on your set.. I have to exercise a little spending restraint right now so I am trying really hard to be good but you are making it SOOOOO hard. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this new set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. darling..love the multicolored hearts on baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! But this little baby is a little emancipated already turning its back on it's parents!... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tell ya...you come out with some brilliant ideas,I would on never thought of that! It is so stinkin'
    cute!!!TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my mind is exploding with ideas to use all these hippy and hoppy stamps! LOL! Just when I decide on an idea to make a card, I find another incredible creation of yours here and I have to CASE that one instead! LOL Where can I tap into your source of amazing creativity?? HUH? huh??!! LOL You are da bomb!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable!!! What a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented! The overlapping of the mom/dad was brilliant! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a GREAT tip! The Hip/Hop sets continue to be soooo much fun and my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable!! Love how you layered them together!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)