Thursday, April 17, 2008

The THRILL of the Grill!

Here is a sneak peek of Rupa's new release from Gina K Designs, "King of the Grill". Packed full of "boys' toys"(although they work for the ladies, too!), and just in time to get a jump on Father's Day and all the other "masculine" cards you've been struggling to try and make look more masculine LOL!
The actual image when stamped is an open grill, with no top. But I noticed the curved shape looked like it could double as a perfectly symmetrical cover if inverted, soooo....

Stamp the image on your mat, and then stamp just the top of the grill again and cut out the rounded part (cutting off the handles), as shown below.

Flip it over so you no longer see the grill and patties, color, and hinge it to the top of your complete grill image with a brad at the side, really very simple! Open, close! Open, close, can you smell those burgers yet?? (mmmm, bur-gers...) Here the grill is just partially closed so you can see the movement, but it's amazing: it is a perfect match when "shut" all the way, leaving that skinny little lip around the edge! :) Now you can lock in all that smoky goodness! ;)

I think I managed to choke my husband up a little this evening when I showed him this card! I think a thousand or so girly cards later they were all starting to look alike to him(go figure!) , but tonight he said (with complete seriousness),"Sweetheart...that is the BEST thing you've EVER done!" LOL!! "It take a grill!"

These awesome Phillips head brads (also come in flat head!)are new Gina K bling which will be available for purchase on Sunday the 20th after the release party in the SCS Gina K forum! Gotta get some for your embellishment stash, as the boys in you life may be getting a wee bit tired of Primas! ;) The grill is colored with Copics, I'm really starting to dig these!! The CS is SU! Real Red and the DPs are from a generic value pack(stripes, argyle(and plaid) are my "go to" guy patterns for cards).

Sneak peek tomorrow of the NEW FREE WITH THREE set!!(my favorite yet!)More sneak peeks and links to other design team members newest creations, check them out!

Hint #2: 50

16 comments:

  1. AWESOME...I am lovin this! That grill is too cool for words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look at you go with that grill!!! Totally cool and perfect for the "boys"!! Oh and those brads.......you do know that my release order is getting longer with every sneak peek???? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me!!! You have such a creative mind, I would have never thought of that in a million years!!! Thanks for the peak and I love the new brads, you know I am gonna need those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my,you're a genius! Can't wait to see that whole set,I'm sure it'll be another big seller!!
    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is awesome and you are so wonderfully creative, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm...I'll take cheese on my burger, please, hehe! How totally adorable, Melanie! I love what you did with Rupa's open grill--you are just the most creative thing! Now that will get my hubby's attention too, lol! How cool with the interactive flip tog lid! Really awesome idea and super card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an inventive thing...making a grill cover. You really think of everything don't you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Paul's comment on your card. Those brads are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you always create something out of the box! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hinge. So creative. Those burgers look so real. Love this card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes got to have those cute brads. Thanks for sharing your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How creative you are! This is awesome, Melanie!

    I can't wait to see the rest of the set! And of course I can't wait to see your new set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh, of course he likes this one!!! it's pretty amazing with the moving grill, you clever woman. love those screw brads too

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun!! I love the colors, and awesome brads! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute....I love the hinged top of the bbq. Joan

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)