Saturday, April 26, 2008

Whistle While You Work...!


Doesn't Sara look so happy to be vacuuming her nice blue (flocked!!) carpet??* (I pray I can clean my house with this kind of attitude some day!)



I thought the flock would be really fun to give this card some texture. To make sure the color looks nice and even, use a piece of cardstock (here I used Ballet Blue) that matches the color ofyour flock, this keeps it from being patchy. I covered the whole piece with adhesive and then dumped on the flock, patting it down for good coverage before putting the rest back. These papers are both from that big Costco slab (so it's either Wild Aspapragus or Magnolia) aren't they fun? I cut her out out and mounted on top, but held off on using my beloved dimensionals, asI noticed they made her look like she was hovering over the carpet instead of actually vacuuming, so...! The scallops and circles punches help tie in the patterned "wallpaper". The punched greeting is from SU!'s Lovely Labels.

EXCITING NEWS: Gina K's giving away a set of Megabilities on her blog, check it out along with her adorable new Kindred Spirits card(which just gave me some new ideas for my Kindred Spirits! off to go create!!) I was also jumping up and down to read about he new products she is now carrying, I'm going to make you look to read about them all, but one is the large window tin! These things are PERFECT for What's In Your Tin? 1 and 2, just look at this project of Jana's! perfect proportions! Can't WAIT to get my hands on these babies(rubbing hands together, maniacal giggle)

*because the dog's gone?!

8 comments:

  1. you are just too clever Melanie! I've never used flock before, but it really does look great on this card! Your previous post with the photo wallet is adorable! It matches your red purse perfectly! You have some of the most fantastic ideas! TFS - now I'm off to play with my just-arrived hip-hop accessories - they're too stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you stamped her in brown instead of black, it gives a much softer feel, I think... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo............LOVE the "carpet"....cute, cute, cute!! Hey.....my new house has carpeting so I'll have to start vacuuming again too....guess I better get more flocking so I can represent all the pet hair I'll be scooping up too!! LOL So Costco, eh?? After we move to the boonies next month, we're contemplating joining so our once a month shopping is worthwhile......I'll tell dh it simply MUST be Costco....LOL!! Okay.....off to create for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! TFS and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I love your flocked carpet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought some flocking last weekend and holy cow is it messy. Love the carpet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cool. . .LOVE that flocked carpet!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)