Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"Kindred Spirits-the Journey..."


I'm SO excited to be a part of this incredible reveal from Gina K Designs. This image, "Rebecca", is one of many women from Gina K's new "Kindred Spirits" line, and this particular image could go on a card for almost every woman in my life right now!! And actually LOOKS like it could be me and the women I know! Still cute and sassy, but not necessarily a size 0! (Check back tomorrow for more details about how I made this, plus a "More is More!" version of the same card. :)
The different women are sold as single stamps, deeply etched rubber on cling vinyl, ready to be trimmed and used with acrylic blocks. The greeting you see here is part of a FABULOUS new set called "Kindred Greetings for Her" that can be used with all of the Kindred Spirits gals(and many other stamps you already have!) It is sold separately and comes in a tin. This set, as well as the individual Kindred Spirits images, will all be available for purchase at one minute after midnight on April 10th at Gina K Designs!

Here's a little back story for "Rebecca", does this sound familiar to any of you??? She'd certainly be a kindred spirit of mine:

"My name is Rebecca and I live near Seattle. My husband in a computer programmer and I stay home with my two little ones. The days can be long but I just met a neighbor who invited me to my first playgroup. I am so looking forward to talking with some other Moms!

My kids are great but by the end of the day, I am exhausted. I don't think husbands really gets how hard of a job being a stay at home mom really is!

My husband is great with the kids. He always helps with the after dinner mess and he gives the kids a bath once in a while. They love when he reads to them. And he plays down on the floor with them. They love that.

Right now we're going through potty training! UGH! I wanna' know why there isn't a manual for this stuff. I think I have a plan that might work. My little guys favorite food is chocolate chip cookies. I think that every time he goes, he can have half a small cookie as a treat. Maybe that will motivate him a little bit. I know it would motivate me!"

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

INGREDIENTS
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

To continue the journey, click here...

22 comments:

  1. WoooooooHooooo!!! Totally in LOVE with this!!!! And what an amazing card in tribute to a young mom.....just like yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEAT! Didn't see this coming and I am loving it!! What an awesome new venture! off to continue the journey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Mel! Love those fun colors!!! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see where I'm heading next! This is great, and the images are awesome! I wish they'd been around even 5 years ago when my kids were younger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving those colors - great job Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAAck! I'm loving this journey, it's fabulous. What's next?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wonderful!! I love this stamp and what you did with it!! Definitely found a niche here :)
    Enjoying my journey, clicking on to the next, what a grande idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card! It's so soft and sweet looking! Isn't this fun?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable this set is and love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card looks so cute! All of the new projects on the journey look great. Reading all the sentiments is really making me miss my mom. We lost her six years ago to leukemia. When I see stamps like this, I can't help but think of the cards I would've made for her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melanie,
    What an adorable card! I can't wait to see everything you do with these stamps! Thanks for helping to make this possible!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...this could be so many Mom's I know! And chocolate chip cookies, some of my fondest memories are baking cookies with my girls...the card is awesome! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bright and cheery colors on this card, its SO cute! I'm honored to be on this journey with you my friend!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great. I love this. And I can't wait to see the new stamps. All of us moms,wives, etc need this!
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Melanie, this is a precious card - love it!!! The colors are so awesome and it catches the essence of the message which I love!!!

    Any chance of a military mom in this line - I am a mom of three who spent the last 23 years in the Navy with long periods away...I know there are a lot of us out there!

    *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card Melanie... the colors are really nice and I like the ribbon that way. TFS!
    I nominated you for the Arte y Pico award... check it out on my blog. :o)
    PS: Thanks for showing my card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how neat! What an adorable card too! P.S. I hope you got my email earlier today.. .I responded right away, but got that error message again. I just don't want you to think I didn't respond! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just lovely card and can't wait for them to go on sale! I'm off to the next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your card, Melanie!! Your color and paper choices are fabulous! I need to check out those new stamps. (I have been so out of the loop lately).

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)