Sunday, April 20, 2008

Now THAT Was SOME PARTY! Sneak Peek #4


I just had to come up with something off the wall for you* to showcase this new Gina K Designs set ,"Owl Always Love You"! (Hope I succeeded!) I thought since they are attached to the branch you could have it extending from the right OR LEFT side of your card (if you wanna go there)! The balloons from "Just So Hoppy" extending upwards complete the illusion... :)(and of course the "classic Gina K expressions"("perplexed"!) are perfect here (you just know these two are going to spend all morning trying to recount last night's events over coffee and migas!)



Here's that DP again from "the grill card", I don't know, these colors are just calling me! I colored my owls and balloons (all done with Copics) before I selected the paper, but decided to go for it anyway, even though the DP didn't have any turquoise. Hopefully I made it work pairing it with the bright ribbon, and sometimes it can be good to have a splash of unexpected color to give it a little more "oomph"!



TIP: I made sure to cut the paper so the top and bottom of my focal point hit where the white lines intersected in my pattern, it looked really off otherwise, but very sharp this way, so I'm glad I took the time to redo it.

T minus 17 hours til the release party!!! can't wait, can't wait!! ( and I'm SO excited you're excited about "Hip-Hop", that rocks!! :) More sneak peeks of "Owl Always Love You " here!

EDITED TO ADD: Voting is closed for the contest! I've pulled the post so that no more votes will be added and the results can be tallied; check the release party thread tonight to see who won!

*Now that I'm "old", my idea of a good party is having adult conversation with my friends I never get to see, but I remember back to my college days when it wasn't considered a successful party until something got broken, there were footprints on the ceiling, etc etc...I can't say I miss those days!

PS Maybe being from Austin I just have bats on the brain (we have the largest urban bat population here in, I believe, the entire world! and as a happy result, very few pesky bugs:)

15 comments:

  1. What a fun card...love your topsy-turvy owls...very creative and oh so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, I LOVE these owls! They are absolutely darling! What a fun and silly card and that tip on the argyle dp is a great one! Your balloons finish this adorable creation perfectly! Now, you're getting us very excited for the release party tomorrow! can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha! leave it to you to create the perfect party for the owls - too cute! love the splash of turquoise. yes, the world's largest bat colony is in Austin, it's too cool to witness live! 'see' ya at the release party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!! Another FABulous set I'm buying for sure!!!! And what an adorable card!! Your eye is amazing with the line detail of those diamonds!!! And I know about those coooool bats!! Hubby and I went to Austin last year on the way home from a business trip to Houston. We specifically came to see the bats (he LOVES bats!! LOL). We may actually return this summer for another business trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are always so creative and "out of the box". Can't wait to see more of this set and the other 3 sets during the release party. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait either! I am so incredibly excited. These owls are great. Owls are so "in" right now, but these have just enough whimsy in them for my tastes, I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another work of art!!!! I'm dying to see this set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. bwahahahaha Melanie too funny ... maybe those owls are from "downunder" seeing they are upside down .... aren't we Aussies all upside down to you guys up there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card! So cute - and yep, I can remember a few of those times, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE the ideas you come up with for "different" cards. The owls are adorable upside down! Can't wait until tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These two look to have been the life of the party! Hmm, yes I vaguely remember the type of party you describe from your college days... vaguely! Love the card. Isn't it funny how a little detail like lining up the centers of the diamonds can really make the difference between a nice card and a great card. Thanks for sharing the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is going to be one of the best releases EVAH!!! The owls are adorable. I love your card, Melanie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My question is.....do they even REMEMBER the party???? Tipsy takes on a whole new meaning here! haha!
    Love the bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome Mel--love how you have them hanging upside down! hee!

    See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is sooo cute and creative, Melanie!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)