Saturday, February 19, 2011

Out of the Basket*

Okay, my head is too congested and I am too sleep deprived to complete my tip sheet or do that coloring tutorial for you, sorry for the delay! Here is a little hee hee in the meantime til I can finish up all these drafts in my dashboard...a favorite card from our party on Thursday, peek a boo!
When I added that greeting to "Basket Blessings" I knew it would get a LOT of mileage with so many things you can reveal just above the basket and then perhaps have your subject completely OUT of the basket on the inside of your card. Theresa's turtle from "Little Critters" was an obvious choice to me to go UNDER the basket, it's like a second shell! Can't you imagine the basket slowly moving by itself across the floor, "Toy Story" style, powered by this little guy? LOL! TIP: The basket is cut out and popped up to really give the 3D effect that he is under it. Shadow is W-1 and W-3.

"Peek-a boo" is super sweet for baby cards too, but also any time you need a bit of comic relief! (I need a little very day to keep me going!) Looking forward to more "out of the basket" giggles with "Spring Basket", AND with this turtle, oh wait til you see!



* Vicki said that

14 comments:

  1. How clever. I love it.
    Looking forwards to receiving
    my stamps. You ladies did
    an awesome job this time
    around creating these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yesssss, definitely a grand idea! I gotta do a basket of frogs! LOL Feel better, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, Melanie. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute Melanie! Just love your stamp sets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, I need some frogs! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my word, Melaine, you are so clever! This too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just too cute! So many ideas for those baskets!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is not only a clever idea but so adorable. My kids had turtles when they were little, and I can just see them doing this. It brings back some good memories.
    Thanks. I love your new stamp sets, but then I think you always come up with such wonderful sets.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE IT! What a great idea. I love your coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute!! Love the clever idea.
    I hope you are feeling better.Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are feeling better soon. LOVED that card;what a GREAT idea that was.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)