Friday, February 25, 2011

Color Spotlight #13

Happy Friday! Forgive me for not posting my tip sheet and a few other things I promised yet, but we've been so sick here and I missed the last few challenges so I pushed this one to the top of my list!
Pure Luxury Creme de Menthe, Red Hot and Lemon Drop! These colors inspired a sweet Spring card with just a little heat!
I embossed the Red Hot with the Cuttlebug Flourished Frame folder and then die cut a Labels Eight from White to stamp my "Basket Blessings" sentiment on. (I don"t know anyone getting married now but I just HAD to include a bridal greeting in this springy set!) I sponged a bit of pale yellow and green inks (which I also used to stamp the daffodils for a subtle repeat of my popped up flowers) onto the label before removing my die. Popped up flowers are colored with Copics

TIP: To create some greenery from the "Basket Blessings" set, stamp the daffodils from the set in either size and color them green. Then snip each flower into 5-6 pieces and layer them under the flowers, leaves from flowers, fun and easy! :)
I added some little adhesive rhinestone bling trails after popping the flowers up. Don't forget to stamp up the inside of you card and your envelope with those pretty flowers!
Hope you play along, you could win new stamps! Be sure to use the tag STVCSP13 when you upload your new creation using this beautiful color combo to the STV gallery!
Have a terrific weekend, come back and visit for more basket stuff!

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous, Melanie! I hope you and your family are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this card, Melanie - so springy and cheerful, it's perfect for a bridal shower. I do like this color combination and the popped flowers add just that extra little touch. Hoping all at your house are soon on the road to recovery. Hugs to you, Sharon ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YUM! Looks oriental too...Love it!
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Melanie!
    And thank you for the tip! that is a great idea!
    I hope you are feeling better. You have been battling this for awhile you poor thing.
    Sending you prayers for health!
    Blessings and Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my...hope everyone is feeling well soon! this stuff is hitting so many people
    love the layout with these colors
    (-:

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)