Sunday, February 20, 2011

Baby, Baby, Baby, Ohhhhhh!

This card uses the first image I drew for "Basket Blessings", with baby cards in mind (showers, welcome, announcements) based on a few of my favorite stuffed animals from childhood: "Hoppy"* the plush rabbit, which my mom made for me from a pattern, and "Snuffy"** the fuzzy teddy bear, a shower gift my mom got before I was born. We have some pictures with both these little lovies in the corners of my goldenrod 70's crib when I am just days old***, I really need to dig them out to share here! Don't know what became of poor Hoppy , but Snuffy is in William's room, with a hole in his side and stuffing coming out, pushing 38 years! I didn't have an elephant, I just really like them! :)
The bear and rabbit are colored with Copics, the "Ella" is paper pieced with two different prints from the Basic Grey Marjolaine pack, I am really getting lot of use from these colors and patterns! TIP: Use the same print from your piecing somewhere else on your card to tie it in. I popped them up over the Labels Eight die cut, wanted to use them on their own to show the "Spring Basket" is NOT required to make this image work, but if you want to place them in the basket, simply cut up around the trunk and under the rabbits arm and ear on the right side, this allows you to slip it under a cut basket but have these floppy limbs hang over, looks super cute! Will do another post to show you pic sof exactly what I mean...


The plaid is layered over Little Boy Blue and the White Pure Luxury base is embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder. I put a few alpha letter beads onto the white safety pin, my embellishment of choice on baby cards (number 2 is buttons!) and attached it with glue dots.



This card celebrates the birth of a little boy to a mom in my small group, he was born several weeks prematurely (although still 8 pounds, she has huge babies!) and he is making so much progress, the Lord has answered so many prayers already, the doctors are quite amazed. If you are able, please lift up a prayer for little Brenner today he can stay off his oxygen and pass his swallow test today so his doctor will sign off on letting him come home tomorrow, thank you!




* perhaps a little inspriation for my "Just So Hoppy" set, too ;)

** named after Snuffy Smith, anybody remember that cartoon?

** on my tummy, before the whole "Back to Sleep" campaign

6 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable. Love the plaid and the pin with the baby beads! I will include baby in my prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to be a 1st time Grandma in July, so of course anything baby get my attention. JUST ADORABLE!!! Just curious---where did you get the safety pins and small alpha letter beads? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is simple and yet says so very much. A very darling card and the baby alphabet beads are over the top cute! I don't know when I might be a grandma, but I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you do such sweet stamps. And your card is adorable! I discovered that my mom still has my baby toys in her old trunk... WAY to old to play with, but fun to see again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)