Monday, February 21, 2011

Bunny Blessings

I am still so happy with how this illustration turned out, they really took on a life of their own, one with a shy smile and the other's stifling a laugh, I just love when a drawing surprises me like that! Although I love the "giggle" sentiment from "Basket Blessings" intended for it, I really wanted to make the image the focus of the card so I left it greetingless.
Bunnies are stamped onto White Pure luxury and die cut with labels 4. Everyone loves white rabbits, so you can keep your coloring super simple by taking a light gray like c-1 or C-2 or a very pale Copic pastel that has a light blue or purple tint depending on what colors are in your DP you use with it, and just trace around the edges. Add a hint of pink to the ears and that's it! I used two prints from the Basic Grey Olivia pack, making sure to have a few of the whimsical bunnies in the print showing around the label. Cardstock is Innocent Pink and Ocean Mist. This would be sweet Easter card, but also a fun any time "friendship" card.

TIP: Behind this busy fantasy print there is a large dotted print, crop the mat through the middle of the circles on each side to reveal this inverted scallop around the edge, isn't that a fun look, like I did some pretty row of bling all the way around? OR, crop it just outside the circle rows and make the mat that goes over it small enough to cover the inside of the circle for a row of scallops around the edge. If you don't want to lose a lot of that pattern underneath, use your Nestabilities to cut out a shape to use later, the hole will be covered with the mat you place over it. Love saving time and paper this way, use your stuff and use your scraps!

Thanks for praying for Brenner, will get an update on whether he is coming home today or not soon!
I am feeling so much better today! Finally! Yesterday was really achy and concerned I might have been getting the flu, but I slept great for the first time in weeks and am about to head out for some fun with my kids on their day off! Be back soon, I have a lot to catch up on here!

5 comments:

  1. Just adorable Mel!! Enjoy the day out with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie - I always love your stamp designs. They are always so creative. I love the simple lines to Basket Blessings and the fact that you have mirror images of the bunnies is a real plus for me. I have twin granddaughters and love it when I can find double images.
    I was lucky enough to have won the framed sentiment stamp set last Thursday.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable Melanie!! Your stamp designs are always wonderful!

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet, sweet card! Soft colors and nice layout.

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)