Saturday, February 5, 2011

SNOW!

Well, in answer to our prayer, we got our snow! (in answer to the kids prayers, no school on Friday!!) It was only an inch, but enough to have fun in. Most melted by late afternoon, except for patches in the shade.
We were amazed at how our pond almost completely froze over, except for an area where the water was flowing by the waterfall. Our poor koi I wanted to crochet them some hats! Here are our little "frogs", snow covered in a huddle
Paul got a huge mirror out the attic to try to redirect the sunlight onto the surface, now it looks like a bunch of choppy icebergs floating around...
I have a few more pics with William and Paul and snowball wars, plus one humble "snow angel", but these didn't turn out that well, I had to use my camera phone.
I hope you have a terrific weekend! Enjoy being indoors if YOUR snow is keeping you home bound! Stamping anyone?

9 comments:

  1. So glad the boys got to enjoy the snow. If they'd like to have more fun you can send them up to Indiana. They can play in the three inches that we are getting now on top of the inch of ice we got in the major storm earlier this week. It looks like a weekend of stamping for me! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys would LOVE some of our fresh snow of 18" here in WI--on top of the 7 we had on the ground! Snow drifts were 3-8feet because of the wind. 3 feet in driveways, more out on country roads. Go Pack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that the boys got the snow. I love seeing pictures of it but that is as close as I want to get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, you should send your kids my way - we have more than a foot still on the ground, mounds that are 5 feet high - a steep hill in the backyard - perfect for sledding ... better yet I should send it your way, we are a bit tired of it ...
    Enjoy!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your boys got to play in the snow. The koi should be okay. In our area, southeastern PA, they just go deeper in the ponds and wait out the cold weather, provided the pond is deep enough. If you manage to get little hats on them, I am sure we would all love to see those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't snow in Texas fun? In Tyler we had enough to last 2 days! Today it is gone and we can get back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well if I could i would send some of this on down to you. i feel for your fishes. I'm glad we didn't get anymore like they did in the southern part of the state.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope they are still enjoying it! :o) We are ready for spring in the Chicago area. Wonderful moments of childhood - so precious! I love every age!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snowing here pellets by the bucketsfull. What a winter! Totally need moisture to keep up with average precipitation counts.
    Pray for Japan and rescue efforts.
    Keep Looking UP!
    mt23stamperatyahoo

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)