Monday, February 28, 2011

STV Sketch Spotlight 15

Happy Monday! Welcome to another StampTV Sketch Spotlight Challenge! This week we have a fun sketch, with three little panes to fill!

These windows inspired me to do some little "Basket Blessings" bunny vignettes and split the little "peek-a-boo" sentiment into three parts using a marker to ink up the stamp and cleaning it after each stamping word. Hide and PEEK!! :)
The DP is Basic Grey Sugar Rush and cardstock is Gina K Pure Luxury Innocent Pink, Black Onyx and White. The border I threaded the 5/8" gingham through is NOT a punch, but a piece of PLASTIC I salvaged from when my kids were opening Christmas gifts, you know those pieces all the parts of a plastic toy that needs assembly are attached to before popping off? I thought it looked really pretty and might come in handy later! (If it looks good,why not?) ;)
TIP: I used B60 and BV31 (Pale Blue Gray and Pale Lavender) to add shadows to my bunnies, these colors look a lot fresher and coordinate better than gray would with the periwinkle in the DP.
Please upload your creation using this sketch to the STV gallery with the tag STVSKSP15, I hope you'll play along, you could win some FREE stamps! Hop to it! ;)

20 comments:

  1. TOO TOO TOO TOO cute Mel. Love the ribbon women through the border and the peek-a-boo bunnies are perfect for this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! Love the ribbon treatment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever thing to do with those bunnies! And the serendipity threaded ribbon unit. I also appreciated the tip on picking the color of shading based on the background color...good to know (if I can remember to apply it!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your card as usual!! I love your recycling.. and your bunnies are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mel! I love this. That panel with the bunny butts is PERFECTION!! lol! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. What you have done with the bunnies and the peek a boo is outstanding and really darling. But my "baby" is 35 so where am I gonna find the little plastic thingys to weave the ribbon thru ?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it...cute, cute, cute...inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling, darling sweet card! Love those peeking bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is so very cute! love the bunnies!
    sandyh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I love how you recycled. What a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOOOOOOO what a CUTE card. It put a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing your hints also.
    Jean McGee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness - what a cute design - what cute bunnies! Especially those cute bunny butts! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is SO adorable the way you used the bunny tails on the one square. How very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)