Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sneak Peek: With this Ring and Special Fathers

Today we have two peeks, the first is of Rupa's newest set "With this Ring". I was inspired by the beautiful hand-tied bouquets with the pearl pins in weddings, so I added several adhesive half pearls to the card and on the stem wrap.

I echoed this theme using some new Pearl Glimmer CS from Paper Temptress and embossing it with my Swiss Dot Cuttlebug folder, looks like a million little pearls now doesn't it? Base is Paper Temptress Amethyst Metallic and DP is the "Springtime in Paris" Digital paper from Gina K, isn't it perfect with the flower mix in this image? I stamped the image on Pure Luxury White and colored it with Copics. It is double mounted it with Petite Scalloped and Classic Petite Oval mats, the scalloped silver rims you see is Paper Temptress Silver Metallic. Ribbons are SU!

The next project previews a set from our newest Gina K Designs illustrator Nina Brackett, called "Special Father". The grandfather clock image is stamped in Memento Black, colored with Copics.

I wanted to the clock to look like one you'd find in a formal front hall, so I used some Basic Grey Porcelain DP for the wallpaper. With my Scor-Pal, I scored a white strip of CS to make the baseboard and scored these diagonals in the Creamy Caramel CS to look like floorboards. The little green rug you see is a new ruched paper from Paper Temptress coming out in June, so elegant! Please click for a closeup to see all the texture these little details add to the scene!


I stamped the little greeting from the set, this time selecting the word "Dad"( there are many options to choose from), onto a square and matted it with the green and brown to look like a framed picture on the wall. This could be a great "grandmother" card with different colors! The brown you see is Gina K Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss. Base is SU! Creamy Caramel.

Check out more peeks from our Design Team of these two sets here, and don't forget to leave a comment on the post below if you haven't already to win my new set! :)
and our In the Spotlight designer Melissa Shultz!
Have a great day! Still two more days of peeks!!!!

24 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! Melanie, you always amaze me with your gorgeous creations. That blue card is stunning! And your clock scene rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done Melanie!!!
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are gorgeous, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your cards Melanie. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative with the floor and rug and wall paper. Great job on the coloring, too. I'm so honored to have you create this beautiful card with my illustration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the two cards Melanie! The floral one is so soft and pretty and love the clock one too...the depth of color on the clock is gorgeous! Nice designs and I am so excited that I won your sporty set :o) (doin' the happy dance!) Thanks for the kind comments on my blog this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Melanie - love the pearl details on the hand tied bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie... BOTH these cards are gorgeous!!!! I LOVE the colors you chose and I can't wait to get hold of these sets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome grandfather clock card! So creative - I love the scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are great. Love the colors of the flower card and the detail of the clock card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Theee cards are both lovely. However the top one is so soft and gentle (peaceful)looking it really catches my eye!
    Kimmiek

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! You did a PERFECT job creating the "entryway".....WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards a marvelous. I love using the Swiss Dots folder, but would never have thought of using it on glimmer paper to make it really look like pearls. That is so creative. The cards are both gorgeous and I truly love that Grandfather clock. Very, very creative way to make it look like it is standing on the floor. Your work is always inspirational to me. Can't wait to get hold of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning cards, Melanie!!! I love both of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love em! The first one is so elegant...and i love the clock card---so glad to see that you used it---looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The first card is beautiful! I like the shimmer, glimmer you added to the card. I needed an inspiration for a Wedding card and I think this one did the trick. The Clock card is very nice too and a lot of thought went into setting the scene for the clock. Thanks for all your thoughtful ideas and beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great coloring of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both cards are great, Melanie! I just love the coloring of the flowers and "room" with the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful colored flowers with the pearls and the clock is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that top card. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, beautiful, Melanie! Thanks for sharing your amazing talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your Xmas cards and the ornament is so cute. Very ingenious on how you did the grandfather clock card to look like a room with dimension.
    Bernice

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)