Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fore Dad!


Here's a really easy design to recreate with "Sporty Accessories" for Father's Day, or for any special golfer in your life! (thought Saturday would be the most appropriate to share a golf card) ;)
I started with Always Artichoke CS and Gina K Pure Luxury White. The argyle pattern (perfect for golf!) is made with the new fabulous "Ribbon Stripes" from Gina K, ink up in the Artichoke and stamp across the white, then shift the stamp up (or down) without reinking and stamp again. This gives the lighter color, it's called stamping off, great way to create a pattern and get two coordinating ink colors from one! Now reink and do your third and fourth stripe the same way. You'll have the mat covered in no time! The gridline block makes lining these diamonds up a snap! I'm so excited to recieve this new old block Gina is carrying, my other was a little too short (and this new one has fingergrips, score!)

Now create the border using the golf clubs, isn't that fun? I turned the stamp over each time so that the handle and ends would "nest" together. After coloring, I sponged on some Antique Linen ink around the edges. The little golf green is cut from an oval Nestabilitie! I drew on a little black hole and then made the flag stick from the golf club! The number "1" is from "Just So Sporty". Cut out a little square a to fit the number on and run a black marker around the edge to give this new flag and outline. Stamp, color (I used Cardinal Copic for this and the club handles) and cut out the ball and club and you're almost done! I staggered the "Dad" and "you're a" from "Just So Sporty" down the clubs at the side and finished with with "winner!" from the "Sporty Accessories" set! . I am just loving how with this one set you can make a great masculine card, but just as easily cards for women, kids, teens!

Check back later for a special gift you can make to go with! :) I have a long (loooooong!) tip sheet for this set, just need to finish putting in all the links for you, there are lots of other coordinating sets and products I've gotta recommend! Can't wait to share it! I am so looking forward to seeing all your own ideas when the uploads with it start on StampTV and SCS next week after your orders begin to arrive! eek!!

Next week, more fun stuff, more new release samples, a BRAK request, guest designing stuff, etc, etc! Enjoy this beautiful day! (get out and enjoy some sports!) :)

6 comments:

  1. I love this golf card, Melanie! Thanks so much for sharing the details of how you made the green and the flag! The background is terrific, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I love the multiple golf clubs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Melanie! What a great idea. I have a number of friends who are golfers and this would be perfect to send them - just because or for a birthday. Thanks for sharing and for explaining how you created it.
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the golf card and thanks for sharing the how to's!
    Hhhmm, love the argyle you created...now I am kicking myself for not ordering it. But I will get it next time!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)