Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Stampin' Out Alzheimer's!

I want to share some information about a very special project with you today that involves some of my Paper Craft Planet friends. Jen Tapler, from Jen Tapler Designs, and Susanna Boyd of Card of the Week are hosting a 7 day stamping and scrapbooking event to help raise money and awareness for Alzheimer's Disease. Alzheimer's Disease is currently the 7th leading cause of death in the United States. It is a fatal, progressive disease that slowly robs a person of their precious memories.


We are involved in the memory preservation hobbies - so what better cause for the papercrafting community to join together to support? The site, Stampin Out Alzheimers.ning.com, will feature a variety of challenges, contests, classes and more in different paper crafting categories (stamping, cardmaking, paperscrapbooking, digi scrapping, hybrid, etc) - with prizes donated by over 30 generous sponsors. It's set up as a "Pay to Play" community.



For a small donation (any amount will do), you'll get permission to join the online community which will be up from May 25 to June 1st. 100% of these funds will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association to help with their efforts to provide and enhance care and support for all those affected by this heartbreaking disease.The site isn't "live" yet - it will open soon and the events will begin on Monday. For a quick link to join and make a donation, check out the widget in my sidebar. Check out the video on Paper Craft Planet's home page for a special mesage from Susanna and more about the event by clicking here.



I'd LOVE it if you'd share the badge (see it on the sidebar on the right? just click where it says "add to site" and it will give you the html to copy and paste) on your blog and help us spread the word! We'd like this to be the largest community fund raising effort in the stamping and scrapbooking space. Please help. You'll help us raise awareness and money for Alzheimer's.

3 comments:

  1. So how to we get to join the site once we donate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this information. I hope you don't mind but I copied your information to my blog since you explained everything so wonderfully. I have joined and look forward to the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie... I love this idea and I added the widget to my blog. May I copy your wording and put it as an entry on my blog (I'm to lazy to type it all out ... since you done such a fabulous job already! Hee Hee)?

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)