Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Out of this World!

Greetings, earthlings!
Today's card was inspired by the Basic Grey Offbeat Collection of papers and my little space baby from "Wee Tees"! I just love the colors and star and diamonds in this funky paper! I also tried a different matting this time with the two offset ovals, I tried to give it an "alien feel" if you will, either the the mothership opening up or one big cyclops eye, hee hee! I embossed and cut the little star with my nestabilities and stamped "I'm here!" ("the baby has landed!" LOL!) and added an adhesive metal dot to the center. Base is Gina K Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss, I also used SU! Ruby Red, Old Olive, and Bordering Blue (edges sponged with same ink to give it a but of a glow).

PS This isn't the "Nestabilites fun" I promised, still have to get all the steps written up, tomorrow I think!! :)

8 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this Melanie! The colors and papers are a dream and that little onesie could not possibly be any cuter! WOWSA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killing me with these...sooo stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so perfect! The dp and the spaceship go so well! I think this is just too cute! Thanks for sharing and have a great day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card - I love the offset ovals. What a great idea and the paper and everything works well together. Thanks for sharing, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute and funky baby card!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)