Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sketchy and Sporty

Here's a birthday card I created using one of Allison's So Sketchy layouts, I pulled out my "Just So Sporty", which I know I will be using a lot this spring and summer! :) (wait til you see the cards I made for Jonathan's soccer coaches!!)
I began the card looking at the circles on the side of her sketch and decided to take them literally: a figure 8! There's lots of 8 year-old birthdays coming up soon around here so I thought ta big 8 on the side instead of framing images up in them would be pretty cool, and just to make sure everyone "got" the 8 (hee hee!) I added a jersey with the number "08" on it! I love having the numbers in the set to use this way for birthdays. The sketch was perfect for a little banner and I completed it with a bard in a star, and few lines of piercing just up to the 8. The jersey is stamped on red paper and the trim is colored with a white Koh-i-Noor pencil.

I just love how by it looks, thanks Ally for another great sketch! Be sure to go check out the original sketch on her blog! Have a great day! PS This also works for Cammie's color challenge this week on Stamp TV, I hope you'll play!

5 comments:

  1. Cool Card
    This would work for a boy or a tommyboy. love the layout. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Melanie, I love the layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layout is perfect for this set. Your card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background! Super fun card.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)