Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Palomino

Today a card with Theresa's "Out West" set!

So how do you like that fibrous stuff that's adding texture but also creating a cool fence and or "hay" kind of theme on this card?? It's called "Nautical Netting" and it's new from Gina K Designs (which I fondly refer to as "manly mesh", isn't this amazing "guy ribbon"?! ) Be sure to pick some up, it's very easy to adhere, I just rolled a little Dotnroller on the back and pressed it down! It's really wide but you can cut it down to any size you need. Base is Gina K Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss, I also used her Ivory and SU! Creamy caramel. Image and greeting are stamped in Rich Cocoa, and the horse is colored with Copics. I Googled some Palomino images (one of my favorite breeds) to get the shading right, I just love being able to find live models that won't move to help me with my coloring this way! :) After cutting it out with a Labels One die, I left the die in place and sponged on some Memento Rich Cocoa and Ranger Antique Linen, then popped it up.

Last I added a double row of holes with my Scor-Bug to the top ( can't stop using it: too fast, easy and fun not to!!)

8 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE the netting! I've been trying to resist buying it...but it's just so cool. Looks GREAT with the horse image.

    ...LOL that he doesn't move. Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, how gorgeous! Love your coloring. The manly mesh rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great manly card! The manly netting looks wonderful. Great job of coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on the horse and the netting does look good. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card. You did a great job on the colouring, and yes, I love the mesh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! And I agree, palominos are such a lovely breed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card...just gorgeous coloring of the horse! The netting looks great on this...now why didn't I order it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Melanie and fabulous job with making a palamino! I have the netting - thanks for a 2nd idea on how to use it.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)