Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Thank You, Ms. Berry


It is Teacher Appreciation Week at my son's school and I am saying a big "whew!" that Carolyn's Nurse Feelgood set came out this month! I'll be sharing more teacher's cards i had fun making. here is one I created for his 1st grade teacher, Tiffany Berry. This "teacher" is such a fun image to alter and customize! Here I removed the hat and made her hair longer and drew in a pair of glasses. I paper pieced her shirt with some of the Black Market Let it Bloom textured paper and used the rest of the print and its reverse (these are double-sided papers if you've never ordered!) for the layers on my card (base is Gina K Black Onyx). I tried really hard to pick colors and a large print I thought she would "wear" (this purple floral is one of my favorite prints in the pack). Ms Berry is pretty well known around school for her fly wardrobe ;) When I picked my son up , she seemed pretty EDITED TO ADD: "tickled" by it that she could recognize herself (thank you , Donna! I hate spellcheck, doesn't catch typos that ARE words!!), had been showing it off ot the other teachers! :) Image is colored with Copics. I layered some white paper flowers and punched out a circle of the DP for the middle topped with a page pebble.
TIP: My favorite detail: click on the pic above for a closeup is the loose-leaf notebook paper she's holding! So glad Cammie left this stack of somethin' in her arms blank, because it can be whatever you need! Here I drew horizontal lines with my Bashful Blue marker, a Pretty in Pink vertical line to mark the margin and tiny black dots for the holes.
Hug a teacher today!

6 comments:

  1. What a great teacher card, Melanie! I love that DP and how you pieced the teacher's outfit! Fab drawing and coloring! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha - too cute! love the glasses, long hair & skin color! I hope she wasn't 'ticked' I think you meant tickled since she was showing it off. I bet all the teachers will want to have your boys for students now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine the teacher was tickled! This is a fabulous card...love the design and the dp! Great job!

    Isn't it fun to see how much joy what you create brings someone...a little gift both ways :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome teacher card! Love, love, love the colors! TFS!

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOO cool for school! ;o) I love how you drew on the paper. Perfection! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)