Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pretty Little Red Things

Today I have a beautiful card and gift I got from Donna Baker!

I'm not sure if I mentioned it here but a couple month ago, someone smashed a window in my car and stole my favorite little red purse (which contained my wallet, all my favorite little credit cards etc! wahhhhhhhhhh!!) Saying the loss was a total bummer is an understatement!! (but I did get my car fixed, cards cancelled and replaced, so things are better now, but that particular purse, unfortunately, is long gone!) Donna was so sweet to "replace my purse" for my birthday with this beautiful Brighton key chain and charm, along with some exquisite handmade glass earrings she bought while on vacation in Savannah. Of course she had to make a card to match, with these paper pieced (Basic Grey Bittersweet) purses of Rupa's from "Retro Boutique" and a customized sentiment from my "The Best Things in Life" set, with a dash of Just rite "RED" thrown in!

I love my pretty new things, Donna, they make me feel beautiful as you are, inside and out!



Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. That's so upsetting but what a nice thing for Donna to do for you! The card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to lift your spirits and pay "tribute" to your red purse ;) That was so sweet of your friend!
    And a great card!
    {Received any tributes to your favorite credit cards? Tee hee!}
    Kim Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. Sorry to hear about your purse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has to be one of the sweetest things I have heard in a long time. She is a very nice person!! And the card is absolutely spectacular! Have a great Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, what a sweet post - you totally deserve it, my sweet friend! I'll keep an eye out for that great red purse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! what an awesome friend..I love the card! pretty colors..TFS!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)