Saturday, May 23, 2009

Back in the Saddle Single Layer

Here I wanted to make single layer card using Theresa's "Out West" and a few simple technique to create depth.
I started stamping the saddle in Memento Black onto Gina K Pure Luxury Vanilla Base weight Cardstock so I can color it with my Copics and not worrying about it bleeding through. After finished, I placed an oval mask over it and stamped the crackle background from Gina's Bold Flowers all overs it, and sponging Rich Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, and RangerAntique Linen all over before removing. I removed the mask then went back in with more antique linen working toward the saddle but leaving it lightest in the middle. I stamped this greeting at the bottom and then tied a long loop of hemp around the side and making a loop which I secured to the right of the greeting with a little Mono Multi so it frames up the senitment like a lasso, isn't that fun?



I love the challenge of single layer cards and the "layers" you can create with masks, stamps, and ink, and I LOVE THIS SET!


Our Gina K sneak peeks start Monday! (but she's already started a bit of peeking, did you see?) Party this Thursday can't wait, can't wait!

See ya round, pardner! ;)

14 comments:

  1. Wow...when the page opened in my monitor, the saddle looked like a photograph, not a coloring! Great, great job... Thanks for the 'out-of-the-box' layout idea. I love the attention to detail and the use of the rope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Melanie. I love what you did with the rope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love how you got the depth without layering cardstock! The hemp rope is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool card! Like the look of the oval and the way you did it! The hemp is great too! Thanks for your inspiration Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blending on that saddle. I love the images inthat set but have NO idea what I would ever use them for. Gotta love Gina's sneaky peeks! YAAY!

    Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful single layer card Mel. WOW - thanks for sharing how you put it all together. Love that hemp "lasso" around the sentiment. Have a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW! Love how you did the lasso!! SOOOO COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the background coloring. The rope is away cool also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card! The saddle looks great. Totally makes me want this set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the background idea and the entire card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! That is so clever-what fabulous stamping,i had to look twice to check it really was just the one layer :)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)