Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sneak Peek: Stamp TV Kit Eclectic Summer

So excited about the newest Stamp TV Kit, "Eclectic Summer" from Gina K, which includes a set of images (and a set of greetings!) to satisfy every stamping appetite! For my first project I decided to use this bold seahorse with a Direct to Stamp technique where I used markers to ink up the different areas of the seahorse, I love the style of this image, aren't his different tiny plates and fins sooooo cool? Here I used SU! Night of Navy, Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise.

The Pure Luxury White and new In the Navy cardstocks, and the Basic Grey Lime Rickey DP are all included in the kit!! I love how this pattern looks like iridescent water. I added a piece of torn Turquoise Vellum from Paper Temptress (on sale in June!) over the DP to let more of that cool faceted pattern show through, these colored vellums are a neat way to enhance your patterned papers and still let you see more of the design. I really like how it adds a wavy "water" element to this!

The kit contains an assortment of beautiful red, white and blue brads you will love, but here I added some self adhesive rhinestones for bubbles and sparkle! At first I was on the fence about whether it was too "over the top" to put the ribbon the tail or not, but I just love this striped canvas ribbon so much (it comes in the the kit!) and I'm really glad I did because it adds a touch of sass! I decided to frame it and put it up in our yellow and blue guest bathroom, isn't that fun? The mat in the silver frame is the In the Navy CS again. I just love sea stuff and blue and white in a bathroom, like you're bathing in the ocean! Instant vacation! TIP: When you have a card you're really happy with, frame it! Make it a piece of art, because that's what it is! Make your card the gift! :)


I have a little shopping list of inexpensive home decor items I can stamp with this image, perfect for pulling out when you want to make your house feel like "a summer home!" I'll be sure to share the results here, of course! ;)

For more peeks of the Stamp TV kit, please check these samples from our design team:
Gina Krupsky and our "In the Spotlight Designer" Melissa Shultz!
Can't wait to share some more StampTV kit samples at the party, they are totally different and totally fun! One more day til the par-TAY...!! Have a good one!

15 comments:

  1. Melanie, this stamp immediately caught my eye in Gina's video, and you've made a beautiful sample with it! I love the colors you chose, and it's perfect for the guest bathroom. The ribbon on the tail is just the right amount of sass too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, the coloring on the seahorse is wonderful! Matches your shower curtain beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors of the sea horse, they match so perfectly with the BG paper. And not over the top at all with the ribbon. It's a great addon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! The colors are luminous, and I love the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that set. I love what you do with your colors and you are a good teacher for me.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh this is so darned cute!!
    What a pretty Sea Horse!
    Mystic Aquarium in Mystic CT has tons of Sea Horses and none are prettier than yours.
    lol

    Really great card..Well thought out as always and put together!!
    Thanks for sharing your many talents with us!

    Especially these great stamps that work with so many various events and really do strecth my/our stamp budget $$!!

    Kimmiek

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful coloring on the sea horse...love all of the varying hues. And what a perfect piece of framed art..thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH LOVE this Mel! I just think its awesome how you did the seahorse coloring! Looks fantastic! And what a gorgeous framed piece, I agree, a piece of art for sure! Most of yours ARE!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, your colors ROCK and I agree- what a wonderful peice of art! I loved the ribbon on your 'card' as soon as I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melanie - I love this card and this image. Absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful and I love that you framed it for the bathroon! What a cool idea---and LOVE the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! This is so pretty! I am definitively getting the StampTV bundle this time. I want to CASE your ART.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute cards! I like how you put the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did I miss commenting on this??? I LOVE it soooo much!!! It is probably the one seahorse that outshines them all!!! Your design of it is my fav!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)