Sunday, May 3, 2009

Leather Boots!!

Love these little boots from Theresa's "Out West" set, they were stamped on LEATHER PAPER from Paper Temptress (all her leather paper is 25% until May 10!) and then shaded and colored with Copics before cutting them out and popping them up. I wanted to show as much of this cool texture on both the black and gray colors so I just did more wide layers.

Isn't this paper incredible?? I used my Scor-Bug all the way around for the piercing and added some adhesive metal dots to the corners and created a little lasso with some natural hemp and adhered around the corner and under the mat. isn't that font fantastic? The whole card is just bringing out "my inner cowgirl", makes me want to go order a sassparilla in a heavy accent... ;)

Happy Sunday!

17 comments:

  1. WOW I NEED some of that paper!! Very nice, Mel. Love the colors you chose. Off to PT now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love how you did the lasso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the card. Enjoy your sasparilla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is great! Awesome paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fantastic. Awesome paper. Going to the site right now. Perfect paper for my Texana Designs stamps!! Thanks for sharing.

    Jimmye Sue
    www.texanadesigns.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! I LOVE this!! Love the colors, the layout, the paper, the twine embellishment....geesh....I think I'm kickin' DH out the door and replacin' him! hahhaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie, this is amazing! Wow, I am so loving this paper. I blew it and didn't order the black and now you've sold me on that, too! I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card. The lasso makes it truly original.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best cowboy boot card I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute Melanie!! I need this new set!! SOrry to be a bad blogger..I am trying to get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the leather paper! This turned out fabulous... I would wear those boots :o) (where I don't know...but I would be stylin'!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Serriously how is one person this creative. You do every style of card so well. LOVE IT!!!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!! The bit of distressing on the edges and that little lasso is just perfect!! Cool leather!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, Melanie! This card is incredible! Seriously, I just sat and stared at it forever. Gorgeous details! Love that leather paper and the rope is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this card is awesome! that leather paper really makes the card unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What a fantastic card! I LOVE the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OulalaLA SO sweet! You make that gorgeous leather cs look like a million bucks. LOVE Theresa's stamp set!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)