Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sneak Peek: Lazy Days of Summer and Ribbon Stripes

Today we have two fun peeks, the first up is the "Free with Three" set "Lazy Days of Summer"! Below I've colored the little pail and sandcastle images with Copics and popped them up. Then I stamped the word "Celebrate" in Close to Cocoa on the Creamy Caramel CS and added some little dots with my marker to look like it was sculpted or written in the sand (and about to be washed away by that "breaking wave" DP! This gorgeous geometric pattern in the Basic Grey "Lime Rickey" Collection (included in the new StampTV kit!! yup, you saw it yesterday and yup, I love it!!) instantly reminded me of sparkling sunlit water, so I tore one sheet at a diagonal, then layered the remaining two triangular pieces on top of each other (offseting the corner and adding a brad for more interest and pop) and curled up the edges with my fingers, isn't that white reveal just perfect as foam?? (I can hear them tumbling and feel salty wind on my face each time I look at it! :) Cardbase is the new Gina K Pure Luxury Rocket Red.

This next card uses the brilliant new "Ribbon Stripes" from Gina K, a set that will be a staple in your collection, much wider and longer (a whopping 7.5 inches!) than other trims or border stamps you might already have, you'll be stamping away faux- or on real 5/8 inch ribbon and stamping the patterned paper of your dreams in seconds flat!

Here I used a long acrylic gridline block and alternated the stars border with the stripes. You'll be thrilled how easy it is to line these beauties up, the aptterns she included are to die for! I added a pierced row above and below with my Scor-Bug, and those big stars, get ready, are also from the "Lazy Days of Summer" free set!! I know, right?! They are die cut with the Star Nestabilites, but you can also use your punches with them. :) Last, I couldn't resist adding some little "Sporty Accessories" to the corner, nothing more "All American" than baseball, (and I love the contrast of the brown with the red, white and blue, such a great palette!) :) In addition to the Rocket Red, I also used the new Gina K Pure Luxury In the Navy as my base, it is the most beautiful true navy color. And the white is of course, the original Gina K Pure Luxury!

More peeks of these two fabulous sets from our team:
Joanne Basile-
Gina Krupsky
and our In the Spotlight designer Melissa Shultz!

The Party is tonight!!! (How long is your wishlist after all the sneak peeks this week??) See you 7PM-10PM CST in the forum, full set reveals peeked throughout!

13 comments:

  1. These are fantastic cards Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very cute cards, Melanie! Can't wait until tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the two cards! What fun sets to create with :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Melanie! I adore your first one with the patterned paper waters... what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is too cool with the paper ocean waves. Love them both. Your Sporty Accessories pair up so well with Ribbon Stripes and Lazy Days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i just love how you have tore the papers on that first one, that looks AWEsome Mel! And the baseball one, what fun for a little league-er, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very nice Melanie.
    The Lime Ricky DP is awesome.
    I cannot wait to get mine!!
    I so love BG and am plesaed as punch Gina K carries it.
    Kimmiek

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed with the Lazy Days of Summer set. The cards you made are absolutely fantastic. So many ways you can use this set. And the paper goes so well with the theme. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your beach card looks so fun. And the star card is fabulous. See you tonight at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what fun cards! I never would have thought to put the words on the bat, clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun, summer cards! Your waves are great, looks like the shoreline.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love both cards! the stars and stripes go so well with your new sporty accessories set as well.
    I'm just gonna have Gina throw one of everything being released in a basket for me to pick up on my way home from work tomorrow...there is now way I will be able to pass up anything this month! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Limey Ricky papers! Your cards are great. Thanks for sharing.

    I just entered one of my layouts in a contest for ScrapBox -- I would appreciate if you have time to take a look and maybe drop me a vote.

    Thanks!

    Laura

    http://theoriginalscrapbox.com/craftbox_giveaway/showContestant.php?id=267

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)