Sunday, June 14, 2009

Make Time to Read

A simple bookmark for a special man using Nina Brackett's "Special Fathers"...
Stamp the clock onto a strip of Pure Luxury White or Ivory CS, leaving room at the top so you can trim 1/8" around the clock top carefully. Layer onto a larger Chocolate Kiss rectangle (1/8" larger all around) and cut around the top again. The clock was colored with Copics and the edges were sponged with Antique Linen distressing ink. I added this little silver heart charm on a brad to decorate the top, the engraved silver adds a richness and vintage touch. (The charm is a little feminine maybe, but what grandfather wouldn't want to to reminded of the love of his grandkids? :) I also think adding an ornament and leaving off the long ribbon gives this bookmarker a more masculine feel.)

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Your coloring is so gorgeous! Honestly, my dad and my father-in-law would not like the heart charm. ;-) (my granddad would have thought it was sweet though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. You did a great job with the coloring and with the cutting. Did you use a special tool to make sure that the top of the clock came out correctly on your layers?
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)